30.43%
attending need to be towed
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Ts 2009!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh and whoever says TS is the biggest and best event of the year was just so wrong. The most worst setup event i have ever seen. I have never been to any diesel events but have been part of mustang racing events and such that are usually very organized and planned. This crud at this so called event was horrible. Yes i know it rained and that throws a wrench in the plans, but driving 10 hours to just drink at the campground, or drink at a steakhouse is worthless. I am so glad that I made the plans to go by with my dad and brother, that way i could leave and come back to a house and relax and enjoy my vacation. Its gonna take alot of motivation for me to go back next year, think I would rather pick my butt for 4 days straight
Old 05-11-2009, 12:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tim I am going to have to agree with you. I know last year was great, this year not so much. We drug a truck all the way out there and did not even hook to the sled. Be glad that you left when you did. I know that as of now I will NOT be going back to TS next year.

On a good note there were a few trucks that made their maiden voyage at the pull and I do have them on video, give me a few days to get the motivation to edit them and then I will post the links.

I can honestly say that I would have rather stayed home this year and went to the Buck if I would have known this was going to happen.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Banned

they had trucks there?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 AM

i have feet?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:36 AM

even thou the drag racing was canceled because of some inconsiderate persons at the camp ground and track and the pulling was not organized at all. i would have to say other than that i had one hell of a time. wahbahs thursday and friday night was a blast and the pulls we made it a good time even thou the pulling wasn't that great.

Last edited by John_P; 05-11-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Language
Old 05-11-2009, 12:41 PM

worst trip EVER
Old 05-11-2009, 01:32 PM

I've read here and on several other boards that TS was a wash out, to put it nicely.....kind of glad I didn't go this year, I would have been ****** if I had gone all the way out there and not seen any good racing or sled pulls.....we didn't make the Buck this weekend either, but will definitely be ready for the next.....
Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM

hey i was there to have a good time with friends and you know what I did and it made it worth the trip and i'll do it again next year.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:27 PM

"well his kaig fell out of your truck, yall might wanna go back and git it but the contents might be a little foamy" and I quote a bowling green police officer.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by BigErksG2
"well ya'lls kaig fell out of his truck, ya'll might wanna go back and git it but the contents might be a little foamy" and I quote a bowling green police officer.
fixed it for you!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Banned

eric post some of them pictures up,
Old 05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Banned

I think I need to hand out the tissues over here too.

The weather was the main problem, had there been no large quantities of mud, or proper security the fool wouldnt have ruined the drag racing event for everyone. And most of the problems at the pull stemmed off of the cancellation of the racing and more crowd than was expected and also showing up hours earlier than expected. They tried to salvage what was left of the weekend after the rain and they did ok for all the last minute decisions that were made. Most others would have packed it in and said forget it, but they pushed on to try to deliver something and they must have done a good job because there was not even a place to stand at the pull cuz it was so packed.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not saying that they did not do a good job for what they had to deal with, I would not have wanted to do what they had to do this past weekend. I am just giving my opinion of this year vs last year. I know that there are several variables that changed between the two, the big one being weather. I mainly went for the pulls, I honestly could care less about the drag racing. I have never seen tech take so long, doing it at the scales is not the way to take care of it. If they would have went around doing tech once pullers started showing up and unloading this event would have went a ton better.

I personally am perterved at the way it was handled and I know that as of now I would rather spend my vacation time going somewhere else instead of TS. This event was rather taxing on me to be able to put up with the general douchbagery that was going on on the streets and apparently at the track and the campgrounds.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL
I am not saying that they did not do a good job for what they had to deal with, I would not have wanted to do what they had to do this past weekend. I am just giving my opinion of this year vs last year. I know that there are several variables that changed between the two, the big one being weather. I mainly went for the pulls, I honestly could care less about the drag racing. I have never seen tech take so long, doing it at the scales is not the way to take care of it. If they would have went around doing tech once pullers started showing up and unloading this event would have went a ton better.

I personally am perterved at the way it was handled and I know that as of now I would rather spend my vacation time going somewhere else instead of TS. This event was rather taxing on me to be able to put up with the general douchbagery that was going on on the streets and apparently at the track and the campgrounds.
Trust me I hear that. I wish I could have saved the wasted trip for something else like RPM fest or another big NADM event. After going all that way and trying like heck for months to get my truck done, it was a super hard decision to make to bow out, but I was on the verge of exhaustion, running purely on gatorade LOL. Little sleep, no food, feeling like crap and sitting in the same mudhole for 4 hours...I just gave up. It was no longer worth it anyway considereing that after 9 hours of pulling the track was like an ice rink anyway.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:06 PM

tell you what just going as a spectator made it so much better cause we where having a good time with friends while the sleds were sitting. no sled moving oh well someone was doing a keg stand any way!

Quick Reply: Ts 2009!!!!