MDDTR #33 Forum for the Maryland chapter #33

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a walbro 392 with a big line kit and the intank lift pump is still there.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL
I have an aftermarket pump and the stocker is still in the tank, just unhooked. Yours is shot as far as the fittings go, you would need a different in tank piece no matter what, just my opinion.
yeah i wouldnt argue that. im going to redo my entire fuel system. how much was your pump and what did it come with? i talked to a few people who take off there stock 12v lift pumps.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 PM

a lift pump that gives you better pressure at highway speeds will help with mileage as well when i changed mine i saw about a 1/2 mile better per gallon
Old 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

do you think i should just get the pump. i can get fuel hose made for cheap from a hose dealer here in philly. we order 3K worth of hoses every 6 months
Old 04-10-2008, 10:47 PM

scott knows where to get the fittings and hose for doing a big line kit
Old 04-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Banned

my opinion is to get a new stock pump. the stock 12v pump can supply enough fuel to make well into the 500+ range. and its mechanical to begin with. it puts out roughly 45psi in stock form.

i would stick with it but thats just by opinion...there is a reason 24v guys put a 12v lift pump on when they add a cam that has the fuel pump lobe on it...it provides more pressure than most electric pumps can handle, and they are reliable. guys go the full life of the 12v engine (300k+ miles) and never have to worry about the lift pump. why waste money when you already have one of the bext systems available. that bad batch of fuel may have hurt it, but a new one will outlast the rest of the truck as long as there is no more milky fuel problems.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:53 AM

I would have to disagree with that. I can't speak on high horsepower applications, but I like not having the stock lp. It was beginning to crap out on me, so you might call me biased. I like having the better filtration and not having the extra crap in the engine bay is nice too.

It's a rare occasion that the stock lp pump goes 300k without being replaced though. Mine was loosing pressure, the pre-filter screen was dirty as anything, and the fuel heater burned out. Small fires in the engine bay suck.

Anyway, just my .02.

- Craig
Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 PM

Crap TC Controller

Well, after all the hard work that Sunir put in trying to get us a couple of trans controllers, I am done with mine.....

First problem was poor installation that caused the controller to intermittently turn off and on.
Now the controller is not letting the convertor unlock at all. It is also locking the convertor too early and forcing the truck to shift into 3rd gear before 25 mph....
Quite a few times during the day, i was trying to stop the truck and because the convertor was not unlocking, the truck could not be stopped. I even ran through a toll today at above recommended speed because I could not slow the truck. What would have happened if there would have been other cars in that lane. I was lucky there were not, because the truck was not stopping. The truck actually stalled once a couple of weeks ago and I did not have any idea why, now I know.
I am at the point that I am going to completely remove the controller and get a refund.
This problem could have caused major accidents and have been very dangerous....There is a fault somewhere and I am not willing to take the chance....
So, all that have this controller, beware.... It has the potential to ruin your day, really quickly.
Side note: I know it is the controller because I removed it and the truck runs and drives fine.....
Old 04-11-2008, 07:11 PM

John

Make sure you dont put one of those on your 400ex....Had a great time today. My son never fails to impress me. He is getting awesome on that DS90X.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:24 PM

Nope. Nothing going on the 400ex. Except a new steering stem and handlebars.....
Old 04-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Banned

Liberator Diesel

So it seems that the infamous Maroon F350 King Ranch has been in town for the past week.

I really wish I had more power so I could take him. I hope they didn't move down here.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned

does anybody have a spare trailer plug or can get one? i need one that plugs into the harness that comes back to the rear. mines is coruded as hell, i may be able refurb it but i like newer stuff. im going to mount behind my tag and put my tag on a hing, unless some can time if the newer style bumper will fit my truck.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:27 PM

I spotted this and thought I would post it in case anyone was looking for a larger trailer.

Lowboy trailer - $1800 (severn md)

Lowboy trailer 20,000lb 24'bed good shape 410-551-0387

http://delaware.craigslist.org/grd/617229216.html
Old 04-13-2008, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by crabbelle
does anybody have a spare trailer plug or can get one? i need one that plugs into the harness that comes back to the rear. mines is coruded as hell, i may be able refurb it but i like newer stuff. im going to mount behind my tag and put my tag on a hing, unless some can time if the newer style bumper will fit my truck.
You can go to a dealership and get them for $27. Mine was coruded so i had to get a new one to pull scotts trailer
Old 04-13-2008, 12:30 PM

Are you talking about this one?

If so...

Tractor Supply Company

PRICE: $9.43

SKU Number: 0143256

Trailer Side Connector; 7-Pole RV Blade Type; PVC Plastic (Body), Tin-Plated Brass (Terminals) Material; Black (Body), Silver (Terminals) Color; For Providing 7 Towing Functions

They also have the flat adapter type. I use this one like this for my utility trailer.

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread VI