Member of other chapter
11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bootsdodgejn
hey what i all nedd to put my gauges in this Sat (wires,connectors,fittings..etc)
what gauges are you putting in? what company? digital or mechanical? if you are putting in
-EGT probe you need a drill and a GOOD tap set for the exhaust manifold
-for fuel pressure i used a banjo bolt off the fuel return from the VP44
-tranny temp/pressure runs off of test ports on the passenger side of the tranny, 1/4 pipe threads i believe. (unless you run one in a line coolant line)
- for boost, i run mine off a fuse, but if yours is mechanical, you will need to drill and tap your intake horn. BUT MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT OFF!! you dont want metal shavings in your engine. The exhaust manifold really doesnt need to be taken off if you are careful, but the air horn should be taken off IMO to ensure NO accidents

and this is assuming you have all piping and fitting that came with the gauges and assuming they all fit where they are supposed to
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 PM

I have a boost,tranny,egt. There auto meter PHANTOM's
Old 10-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JonnyThrottle
what gauges are you putting in? what company? digital or mechanical? if you are putting in
-EGT probe you need a drill and a GOOD tap set for the exhaust manifold
Have all that in the Cave, We've done lots of them!
-for fuel pressure i used a banjo bolt off the fuel return from the VP44
-tranny temp/pressure runs off of test ports on the passenger side of the tranny, 1/4 pipe threads i believe. (unless you run one in a line coolant line)
Bad idea, you should read off the trans cooler line straight out of the trans, reading at the test ports gives you inaccurate readings(only reading in that gear, 1st gear port, 2nd gear port you get the idea.
- for boost, i run mine off a fuse, but if yours is mechanical, you will need to drill and tap your intake horn. BUT MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT OFF!! you dont want metal shavings in your engine.
Just use a Boost Bolt, i have an extra in the Cave
The exhaust manifold really doesnt need to be taken off if you are careful, but the air horn should be taken off IMO to ensure NO accidents

and this is assuming you have all piping and fitting that came with the gauges and assuming they all fit where they are supposed to
Boots are they new gauges or used, what fittings do you have?

Have you joined the chapter yet? If not email the below address and we will get you all signed up.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 PM

there barly used, i have the egt probe, boost tubing and fittings, but i dont have any thing for the tranny. Just a heads up im planning on putting them on my dash sepertly right above the radio

Sent and email
Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL
YES

My brother just got a offer to buy his truck so he is looking for a first or second gen, quad cab, perferably a long bed, must be a MANUAL (no auto, he is hard on those) transmission, 4X4. If you know of anyone that is selling one please let me know so I can pass it on to him. The buyer is very, very motivated to purchase his truck, actually offered him about 5k over what he paid for it, so he said the only way he is selling it is if he finds a CTD that fits these requirements.
this is a STEAL travis...your brother buys this and he will have a very sweet truck for $4k less than what they are selling for now

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...?product=14296
Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by getblown5.9
this is a STEAL travis...your brother buys this and he will have a very sweet truck for $4k less than what they are selling for now

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...?product=14296
Thanks TJ, I just e-mailed him the link.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by JonnyThrottle
no more "bouncy and fun" avatar paroxysym?
nope only on jeep forums.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by biggerkin
Does everybody want the wife to make TACO DIP again???

YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,
Old 10-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Banned

Can I bring the my other Dodge on the trailer to get the T-case looked at/fixed?

I can be there both days.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Banned

alright, i am bringing 4 tires that need to be burned off...and caught on video...so at some point saturday we will be taking a ride to a back road somewhere to get some film!!!!

then we can burn the old tires, they put off alot of light, heat and smoke in a bon fire HAHA, j/k dont want the FD to show up at scotts
Old 10-31-2007, 12:49 PM

Hey Scott, can I park the 5th in the drive way again? If so, I'll be there Fri. night and Sat. It may just be me by my lonesome or Krysten may com along, don't know about that yet. Cindy has some presentation/lecture to give Sat. so she won't be attending. I got plenty of barley pops left over from the Mason Dixon Dyno event.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:11 PM

Go ahead and bring Krysten, it'll give my girls someone to play with while they are there. I'm sure the wife and kids will be coming with me on Saturday.

Scotte: my girls said that goofy guy that squirts the glowing stuff on everyone needs to be there too!!! (speaking of Glenn, does he have a login here yet?).
Old 10-31-2007, 07:45 PM

I'm going to miss you guys but I need to dig my poop pipes out of the ground and replumb the septic. I have a brand new 1/8-27 I can drop by thurs or fri. Meant to leave it there but forgot. Who ever is helping Boots just let me know and I'll bring it over. I usually drill with a T drill and tap 2/3rds the depth of the tap. I love taco dip with Frito's, what a week for the septic pipes to go?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so lets wait a minute, Jeannine won't be home Sat so i wasn't on planning on an all out party, just a wrenchin day with the guys & then a bonfire.
Nothing spectacular.
Brad you can bring your truck and we will just drop the t case right on your trailer. that way if you need parts you can still get the truck home.
Todd you can bring your camper but bring it Sat, i don't know exactly what's going on Friday night. Don't want to push my luck with the Boss.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:56 PM

hey Scott. what time we startin Sat

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V