MDDTR #33 Forum for the Maryland chapter #33

A little help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:12 PM
MTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little help?

Hey guys, Ive been a member here for some time now, but because of my jobs I havent been able to get together with ya on those wrenching days. I have met a few of you at the Buck pulls though.

I am going to purchase guages(pyro and trans) and although I do most of my own maintenance work on my truck, I dont have the guts to install the pyro and the trans senders(drilling and tapping the manifold and such). I know you guys could do it with your eyes closed. My question is this, would someone local, with the right tools, help me out with this? Im not looking for free labor, I will compensate.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by MTC
Hey guys, Ive been a member here for some time now, but because of my jobs I havent been able to get together with ya on those wrenching days. I have met a few of you at the Buck pulls though.

I am going to purchase guages(pyro and trans) and although I do most of my own maintenance work on my truck, I dont have the guts to install the pyro and the trans senders(drilling and tapping the manifold and such). I know you guys could do it with your eyes closed. My question is this, would someone local, with the right tools, help me out with this? Im not looking for free labor, I will compensate.
Where you located at?

Brett
Old 06-23-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would also suggest to get a fuel pressure gauge when you purchase. Where are you located at? I am sure that there is someone fairly close to you that would not mind giving you a hand with it, its actually really easy once you have done a few and are not scared of it anymore.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL
I would also suggest to get a fuel pressure gauge when you purchase. Where are you located at? I am sure that there is someone fairly close to you that would not mind giving you a hand with it, its actually really easy once you have done a few and are not scared of it anymore.
yeah just dont let bigerks do yours it may be crooked. i have a fuel pressure if you want/need it. 0-30psi isspro
Old 06-23-2008, 07:10 PM
MTC

I appreciate it guys....I'm located in Parkville Md.

I have actually been looking on the internet and found some places that offer a complete package already wired up for ya. The wildest Im gonna go with my truck is the Smarty Jr. so Im just gonna go with pyro, trans, and boost(since that is how the packages come).

Im gonna order them tomorrow and Ill post back when they come in and then maybe we can get something together to meet up.

Thanks again guys.

On edit: If anybody can suggest a good place for me to order the gauges from, please let me know. Its just easier for me to buy a complete package, cause that way I know everything will be there for the install.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DieselManor.com has some good kits. I've heard.
Let me know when you get them and we'll get them installed.
Here they are:
http://www.dieselmanor.com/gauges/DM-3gk-isf.asp
Geno's garage also has gauges but i'm not sure if they have a kit.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:26 PM
MTC

Yeah, thanks guys. Dieselmanor is who Im going with.

Quick question, should I purchase the aftermarket trans piping with the "thing"(lack of better terms) in it for the sender unit? Or what is the best way to install the trans sender? I just want to have all the correct items there and ready for install(no surprises).
Old 06-23-2008, 08:45 PM

You can get a Acutemp sensor from Genos Garage$32, no cutting of the tube just sense's heat transfer through the line. Or get a Swagelow T compression fitting $26 and you cut the line put it back together. The acutemp sender is couple dollars more but easier and less messy.http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....CUTEMP_ADAPTER

Brett
Old 06-23-2008, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by crabbelle
yeah just dont let bigerks do yours it may be crooked. i have a fuel pressure if you want/need it. 0-30psi isspro
First off, I did it on my own and no one told me there is a vein in the middle of the manifold, so what if its a little rigged. One thing I did learn is if it leaks, ya just keep welding til it stops. And who says you can't weld an alloy to cast iron?!?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:40 PM
MTC

That accutemp sensor looks like the ticket for me. Anybody have any dealings with it? Is it pretty accurate?
Old 06-24-2008, 05:06 AM

Yeah their pretty accurate. Pretty much the only thing I use on CR trucks.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by MTC
That accutemp sensor looks like the ticket for me. Anybody have any dealings with it? Is it pretty accurate?
currently run one on my 05, does the trick.. never have had a problem with it- just make sure you put it on the return line to the cooler and not the supply line.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 AM

You'll want to put it on the line comming out of the front of the trans, thats the Hot line coming strait out from the converter.

Brett
Old 06-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got two tranny gauges one off the hot line and the other is monitored by my Pulse at the test port. The temps are 30-40* different. As Dave Goerend said " I don't care what the temp at the TC is i wanna know how hot the trans fluid is in the pan." So if you have a deep sump pan get your readings there.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
I've got two tranny gauges one off the hot line and the other is monitored by my Pulse at the test port. The temps are 30-40* different. As Dave Goerend said " I don't care what the temp at the TC is i wanna know how hot the trans fluid is in the pan." So if you have a deep sump pan get your readings there.
Well your gonna get a more accurate, and the Hottest reading in the hot line. Then you know the pan temp is much cooler. Kinda like pre turbo over post turbo.

Quick Reply: A little help?