Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Reporting in

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reporting in

Hello all

My name is Steve.
I live near Magnolia, Texas... a small town (with a LARGE community surrounding it) northwest of Houston.
I am a Marine (no longer on active duty).
Not my first foray into forums... I used to moderate a tractor forum... antique tractors being one of my hobbies.
I am now in my 4th Dodge pickup.
All 4 I've purchased used.

My first one was a 1973 150 with the 360 gas. It was pretty much used up when I bought it. Paid too much for it and ended up having to pay $75 just to get rid of it (that was years ago, when I was stationed in California).

My second on was a 1982 150 with the 223 and 3 speed (highway geared). Dad "sold" me that truck for $1. Now THAT was a good truck. I drove it until I got #3

My third was a 1995 3500, Cummins, 5 speed. I really liked that truck. Even for all the "issues" that were beginning to appear (AC quit working and I'm pretty sure that the clutch was wearing thin... they'll tend to do that after 170,000 miles).

We bought my current 2004 3500 Cummins from my wife's boss. It had ~95,000 on it at the time... it's just under 168,000 right now.

I've got 2 major (and one minor) issue with the current truck that I'm here to try and get some help getting fixed, but... I'll talk about my issues in seperate, specific threads.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the truck.

Thanks, in advanced, for any advice...

Semper Fi
Steve
Old 06-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Welcome Steve, nice to have you with us

Manducare magis crustulum