Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Lurker in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lurker in Alaska

I've been a member for a little while and a lurker even longer, but this is my first post. This forum is the greatest compilation of technical information I've seen on the web. I really haven't introduced myself because there hasn't been an answer I couldn't find by searching and I don't really have much knowledge or insight to add.

A little about me...I love the generation ones! My dad had 1993, then I had a 1991 for awhile, then sadly, had to sell it. I was in the market for a new one and have long drooled over the crew cab conversions (never understood why they missed that market in the first place) when I found one a couple of years ago. She's a cross between a 76 and 93, has a longbed, borgenson steering, and gen 3 wheels. She ain't perfect, but we lovingly refer to her as the "Big Sexy Beast" or BSB for short.

I've successfully installed a 47RH (albeit a tired one) thanks to this forum. I just moved from Oregon to Alaska and she petered out about 200 miles short of the destination, so I got to do it AGAIN! Since I've been here I also have had to replace the steering gear, and just yesterday I swapped injectors. A big thanks to the author of the injector puller tool thread!

Next on the agenda is pump mods. I am getting a 4in turbo downpipe and a cold air intake. I already have boost and pyrometer guages. Not looking to make any crazy power, but would like to play with the performance/economy a bit. I've printed the instructions for the adjustments, but they scare me a bit...anybody out there near TOK, AK that would walk a newbie through the process?