Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Im new here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im new here.

Im looking for a good used Dodge 2500/ 3500 , I have read a lot and Im a little confused about all the 12 valve/ or 16 or 24 valve stuff. And the 1/2/3/4 generation and all that. I have a 2006 ford half ton 4 door but its not heavy enough for my camper. I bought a 11 foot slide in truck camper and I drove to the grand canyon / Bakersfield/ Cambria/ And all around the Mountains lol, My little half tons a good truck but not heavy enough. Sometimes I pull a tractor around and just general farm work you Know. I need a real truck. Im here trying to educate myself so any help will be much appreciated. I dont need anything fancy, But Id like at least an extended cab and long bed. I dont even care if its older, In fact I like the Older Body style better. I would sale my ford , or even trade it for a older Dodge cummins if somebody needs a good gas truck for the wife or kid. Its a good truck with no problems whatsoever, But I need a big Truck to go camping. Im driving from Oklahoma to the Grand Canyon and all down the pacific coast. I need something with a beast under the hood. If anybody has any advise or information I would highly appreciate it. Im here to make friends also. Thankyou Folks.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to DTR Royce.....

If you do some searchs here...You should find if you want to get a 1,2,3 or 4 gen dodge diesel..

It always comes down to how much work you could do on your own,if you purchase the older 1st and 2nd gen trucks...

All gens have the cons and pros...
Old 05-31-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking at getting a 12 v from what I can see here. And yes Im pretty handy at fixing up old things. My biggest challenge so far is navigating my way around this website lol. Im searching craigslist , and nada, auto trader and everywhere. If anyone can point me in the right direction or knows where I can find something I appreciate it. I just want something solid, I dont care if its ugly lol. I may sale a few of my other vehicles and just buy a newer one if I have too.