Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Hello from Northern Cali

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from Northern Cali

Hey guys...new here.. own a 2002 Dodge CTD that was my father's.... Truck is mostly stock except gauges and BHAF.

Couple things...right now the pyro is mounted post-turbo, and I would like to put it pre-turbo...but I am not too sure of myself to drill/tap it right. Anyone have good instructions to ease my worries?

As for plans...I would like to start with an MBRP exhaust and maybe some 275 injectors to help lower EGTs when pulling our trailer.. solid plan?

Lastly, the truck was run into a tree by me earlier this year and I have it back now...but when the turbo spools hard it sounds like I've got a boost leak somewhere. I just installed a boost gauge yesterday and took a short drive, I was seeing around 16-17PSI on flat ground, around 2K RPM... all the clamps are tight...should I be worried?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Welcome to the website!

--------
John_P
Old 03-17-2008, 01:44 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Kalvin00
Hey guys...new here.. own a 2002 Dodge CTD that was my father's.... Truck is mostly stock except gauges and BHAF.

Couple things...right now the pyro is mounted post-turbo, and I would like to put it pre-turbo...but I am not too sure of myself to drill/tap it right. Anyone have good instructions to ease my worries?

As for plans...I would like to start with an MBRP exhaust and maybe some 275 injectors to help lower EGTs when pulling our trailer.. solid plan?

Lastly, the truck was run into a tree by me earlier this year and I have it back now...but when the turbo spools hard it sounds like I've got a boost leak somewhere. I just installed a boost gauge yesterday and took a short drive, I was seeing around 16-17PSI on flat ground, around 2K RPM... all the clamps are tight...should I be worried?

Thanks!

Ukiah huh? I know some folks around those parts...

Welcome to DTR!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 PM

Good ole Ukiah...

Thanks for the welcome..but no answers? Guess I have to ask in the general forum...
Old 03-17-2008, 11:31 PM

If you don't already, I would suggest a fuel pressure gauge. You can order them online (Genos Garage,Or BD makes a light) or Westach in Sonoma (actually Shelville) makes great gauges. The lift pump is the week link in the 24v. The 275 should be good, however I would opt for some 80-100 Hp injectors. I loved my DD 3s. Personally I think if you put in the 275's you'll eventually upgrade to the higher HP injectors because the power is addicting. I can't remember the stock boost pressure for the 24v, I'll check some of my TDR rags, I think it was printed in one of them. Or you could search here online. Hoped this helps. Someone with a lot more info should chime in soon.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:00 AM

Yep, got the fuel pressure gauge. I'm not really looking to go wild on power, as I don't want to get into clutches and whatnot...at least not now. Just a mild power increase that will help keep EGTs down while towing.