Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Girls like diesels too!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Girls like diesels too!!

Hi everyone! Even though I don't own my own diesel yet, I know that when that time comes, it will be a Cummins. I recently got my drivers licence, and because I am disabled I can only drive automatics. My uncle is nice enough to let me drive his 2008 Megacab. I can't believe how much power that thing has! I'm slowly learning all the aspects of towing, maintenance, & upgrades. I look forward to finding out as much as I can on this website.

Thanks, A.S.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Welcome Miss Alaska, glad to have to have you with us. Don't worry about the auto thing, they out class the standards in a drag race anyway
Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This may sound insultingly impolite, but take your time becoming an experienced driver before going and getting yourself a powerful truck. But, when you do get one, this seems like the best place to learn about everything about them. I read this site, on and off, for over two years before I bought my '05. And, I'm still learning things on here.

Congrats on your license. Drive safely.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 PM

Welcome aboard, always nice to see ladies on the board.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM

Diesels Rule!

Welcome to the DTR!

Glad to have you aboard.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by ajpulley
This may sound insultingly impolite, but take your time becoming an experienced driver before going and getting yourself a powerful truck. But, when you do get one, this seems like the best place to learn about everything about them. I read this site, on and off, for over two years before I bought my '05. And, I'm still learning things on here.

Lol, I didn't mean powerful as in I like to race around in it! I meant that when we use it for towing, it seems right at home pulling heavy loads. Because I ride horses and ATVs my future vehicle will have to handle big cargo loads and yes, I am taking my time in learning how to drive and haul CORRECTLY. My motto is "Watch, Listen and Learn"
Old 01-22-2009, 08:30 PM

I'd rather see a young driver in a 2500 CTD than in some little ricer that has the protection value of wet paper. It's all in how a driver is taught to respect the privelage of driving. I was driving a 3/4 ton 4x4 at 11 years old;that experience has made me the driver i am today.....
Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to DTR!! All the info you will need can be found here.

Also glade to see you are learning to haul correctly. And props to your uncle for letting you "practice" with his truck
Old 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM

Welcome to DTR from another newbie!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Welcome Miss Alaska, glad to have to have you with us. Don't worry about the auto thing, they out class the standards in a drag race anyway

Hey Lary thems fightin words!!!

Welcome Miss Alaska from the deep south!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:19 PM
8bm

Welcome to the site! It's really nice to see women interested in trucks....especially H.D. Rams with Cummins.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:31 PM

Welcome aboard!
I think you need to get a nice ol' First Gen for your first truck =D
Old 01-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome to the DTR...

I was just in your neck of the woods passing through on my way to Japan...

What kind of truck do you want? Anything with a 5.9 is best these days...

Let us know what you need.

mad
Old 01-24-2009, 02:51 PM

welcome, yeah diesels rock. your disabled big deal that just means you get to build one sweet auto and dont have to fight with what tranny to buy hahahaha

ps. you also can get one of those sweet turning handles that mount to your steering wheel hells yeah. welcome welcome always sweet to see a girl interested. what kind of diesel you looking at what years cause now is a great time to buy on and 12v's rock...just my 0.02 cents
Old 01-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Girl....Get one. Go out and have fun.. Our oldest daughter still lives in Anchorage.. She has an RT Charger. TEAR IT UP!!! Go have fun youngster..........

Quick Reply: Girls like diesels too!!