HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Wiring harness swap question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring harness swap question???

hi, i had a 1998 24 valveand totaled the body but truck would still start rite up. so i then found a 99 1500 body cab and bed in excellent shape so i purchased the whole thing so now i have my cummins stripped down the engine tires and frame only and just need to put the 1500 body on it but im not shure if the wiring harness for the 1500 will work thats already on it or if i will have to rip all of it out and try and run my old harness all through the new body and stuff. someone that knows what they are talking about or someone that can lead me to the rite help i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Blake
Old 02-04-2010, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should be able to use the wiring in the cab of the 1500 as far as your heater blower motor controls and all of that stuff goes you should also be able to the headlight harness and all of that stuff but you will have to figure out what you need to power your computer for your 24 valve because the wiring harness and computer for the motor its self will have to be used there are people that know how to do that but im not one of them and i dont know how to get in touch with any of them but i do know you can use all the wiring inside the cab you might have to change out the steering collum so that the wiring for the fuel heater will work but there is prolly a way to wire that into the 1500 ignition im not sure. I guess i wasnt help to you but that is all i know hope it helps
Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blakem2208
hi, i had a 1998 24 valveand totaled the body but truck would still start rite up. so i then found a 99 1500 body cab and bed in excellent shape so i purchased the whole thing so now i have my cummins stripped down the engine tires and frame only and just need to put the 1500 body on it but im not shure if the wiring harness for the 1500 will work thats already on it or if i will have to rip all of it out and try and run my old harness all through the new body and stuff. someone that knows what they are talking about or someone that can lead me to the rite help i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Blake
Take the entire wiring/PCM and if it is still good the dash from your old one.
Do it once and do it right you will be much better off in the long run.