HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Warranty work

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty work

If a dealership tells you that the fuel lines need to be cleaned,and the fuel tank,before a warrented part can be checked. The cleaning did not work. Should you be charged for this process when the work now falls under warranty?
Old 04-01-2003, 11:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Re:Warranty work

If they have to perform any kind of &quot;procedure&quot; to facilitate the diagnosis of a warrantied part, that has to be included in the warranty work if the part ends up being warrantied, unless specifically stated otherwise in the warranty documentation. And since they say the procedure they had to do did not work, whatever that means, you shouldn't pay for it anyway.<br><br>For instance, they have to check the fuel pressure on the fuel pump and this includes driving the truck to see what kind of pressure it has cruising, and they don't chanrge you for checkign the fuel pressure when they warranty the pump.<br><br>Chris
Old 04-01-2003, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I am dealing with gas engine service manager,and they are just guessing at the problem?<br>I protested the charge, but was forced by threats of leans,and police to pay before I could take the vehicle witch,has the same problem I took it in for.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know how much the charge is, but if it was substantial I'd be threatening Better Business Bureau, calling the local news, calling Chrysler's CEO or other high official, lawsuit, etc.<br><br>You can pay for it by check and stop payment on the check since they will not allow you to leave with the vehicle without paying. If you put it on plastic you can dispute the charges.<br>I don't see police getting involved for a while if it is just an outstanding bill. If you &quot;take&quot; the vehicle from the lot you could have police problems immediately.<br><br>Then you could also picket out front and tell everyone that come into that dealer how bad the screwed you. I'm sure that would get their attention. Just don't do it on their property or they could get you for trespassing.<br><br>What is the problem?<br><br>Chris