HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Stuck in never-never land

Old 01-08-2003, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuck in never-never land

Hello
Well I am on my eigth phone call.
Between my insurance company and their insurance company I am starting to think I might just clean out my savings and fix my truck myself.

It is THAT much of a lose-lose deal.

A brief recap: Legally parked truck---smashed into at 2 in the morning while I was sleeping.

The drama started when the young lady smashed into me. She was distracted by her cell phone, and lost control.

HER insurance should pay for it right?
as of today the answer is ....Maybe.

You see, SHE did not own the car that smashed into me. And the person that owned the car was not carrying the coverage.

And the person who was supposed to be paying the coverage had let herself get into a "grace period". If she paid it up by the 9th (tommorrow) the coverage would back-date itself accident would be covered. If not, then it would not be covered.

So I called the owner of the car that hit me and explained all this to her. I told her there would be NO COVERAGE for either person from the accident.

So at 3:00 I called HER insurance agency. They did not even know about the REAL owner of the car. I got a lot of horse****, finally I ORDERED THEM to look at the accident report if they didnt believe me.

Another call at 4:15. It seems the coverage is now paid up, but due to the proper bureucrat not being there, I will have to call back tommorrow.

Ok,
AS for MY wonderful insurance here is the deal there. I could claim this against MY collision insurance, pay the deductable, and get my truck on the road to recovery. When/if my insurance company settles with HER insurance company, I get my deductable back.

Neat right?
Wrong.

Doing so could change my "risk" level...potentially. My insurance company has been a **** sight more helpful than theirs.....but there is still that risk-trap to steer clear of.

So as of now, I have no idea what the future holds.

Except for this: 8 phone calls, 4 days later, 2 dripping seals, and I have discussed EVERYTHING with EVERYBODY except NOBODY has yet talked to me about the DAMAGE TO MY TRUCK!!

I am beyond frustrated.....

Old 01-08-2003, 07:23 PM

Re:Stuck in never-never land

Man I hate to deal with insurance companies. They WILL NOT lose money. I think you should think about a free consultation with an attorney that you trust (I know that is very hard to find).<br>Tom
Old 01-08-2003, 08:12 PM

Isn't that a bunch of crap... you pay and pay and pay... then you need it, and oooops.. now your a risk, we're raising your rates... etc... *** am I paying for in the first place????? &gt; Sorry to hear about your troubles... I hate insurance scams.. I mean company's...<br><br>Tony
Old 01-09-2003, 06:11 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Yes, in most states, you have to file through your insurance company, who seeks (with their own lawyers) reimbursement from the other company. If the persom is not insured, you can take them to court to get your deductible. Check with your local court, Michigan is a no-fault state, and you can only sue for a mini-torte being $500. This covers most deductibles. If you want to avoid the insurance to keep your rates low, see what your state will allow you to sue for damages against the driver of the vehicle, then maybe she won't afford the cell phone and can pay attention.