HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Stolen Ram in Phoenix

Old 05-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
"In Texas we can protect our property with deadly force."

We not only CAN, we DO
Old 05-24-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:01 PM

No news on the truck. I am waiting for the insurance to call me back and tell me how much they want to give me for the truck. Thank you to everyone. Aaron
Old 05-25-2007, 01:48 PM

I have my concealed handgun license and have studied the book fairly well and truth has it that we can protect our own property using lethal force prior to, during, or in moments immediately following the act.....That being said you would kind of have to wake up in time and be a good shot if you are shooting a handgun at a distant moving target. I think they shoot legalize bazookas for times like that. I'd kinda like to see the newspaper headlines on that one. Ok that's a little far fetched. I truly am sorry to hear that your vehicle has been taken, but like the guys prior to me have said, no one was hurt and it's just a truck. Good luck.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NameNotInUse
I have my concealed handgun license and have studied the book fairly well and truth has it that we can protect our own property using lethal force prior to, during, or in moments immediately following the act.....That being said you would kind of have to wake up in time and be a good shot if you are shooting a handgun at a distant moving target. I think they shoot legalize bazookas for times like that. I'd kinda like to see the newspaper headlines on that one. Ok that's a little far fetched. I truly am sorry to hear that your vehicle has been taken, but like the guys prior to me have said, no one was hurt and it's just a truck. Good luck.
I'm all for poppin' a perp in progress(say that 10 times real fast...), but the sad reality is even if you are legally owned/permitted/carrying/whatever, if it comes right down to it, most juries would convict on a 'runaway shooting'. That would be where the thief is 'running away' and you nail him; for some reason, the aftermath quarterbacking ACLU-types all think you no longer have a reason to feel threatened if the perp is moving away from you. But several states(I think FL TX and AZ included) have, or are considering the 'Castle Law', where you CAN shoot to protect your property as well personal safety - but be cautioned that should only be considered DURING the event(such as catching them in the truck while stationary), not while racing off down the street(too many innocents in the line of fire). Though we all care much for our earned possessions, it is after all, as mentioned above, just a truck, and not worth risking a life over, no? That being said, I do sympathize and hope for the swift return of your truck(and undamaged at that). Good luck, hope it turns out well!!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:22 PM

23 states have or will be getting Castle laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_...Laws_in_Effect
Old 05-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Sadly, Illinois is still a member of the Communist block on this subject.

A guy can dream......
Old 05-25-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 92DuallyCTD
I'm all for poppin' a perp in progress(say that 10 times real fast...), but the sad reality is even if you are legally owned/permitted/carrying/whatever, if it comes right down to it, most juries would convict on a 'runaway shooting'. That would be where the thief is 'running away' and you nail him; for some reason, the aftermath quarterbacking ACLU-types all think you no longer have a reason to feel threatened if the perp is moving away from you. But several states(I think FL TX and AZ included) have, or are considering the 'Castle Law', where you CAN shoot to protect your property as well personal safety - but be cautioned that should only be considered DURING the event(such as catching them in the truck while stationary), not while racing off down the street(too many innocents in the line of fire). Though we all care much for our earned possessions, it is after all, as mentioned above, just a truck, and not worth risking a life over, no? That being said, I do sympathize and hope for the swift return of your truck(and undamaged at that). Good luck, hope it turns out well!!
I do have to agree with you on that. Even though stated in the law book, the consequences of shooting someone trying to flee are probably grim. According to the CHL instructor I went to, there are many gray areas in the law books. Besides all that, I will say this. I believe in protecting yourself and others that might be in imminent danger, but to kill someone over a vehicle is not worth it. You still have to live with the fact that you took another man's life (if you have a conscience) and they may have a wife and kids that are waiting on him to come home. Hard to look at it that way when your the victim of theft. Hard not to be angry. Hopefully insurance pays well and life goes on.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 PM

i hope everything works out for you. i can only imagine how pisesed you are if somebody stole my truck i would be irrate.

now ill rant a little

i say they should make the penalties for this kinda stuff more severe. make the penalty for most crimes IMMEDIATE execution. and bring back public hangings and make a few examples and this crap would stop.

I would have no problem putting a man down if he tried to steal my truck or anything for that matter. i work hard for what i have and enough people are sucking this country dry on welfare to have some low life scum stealing what little we have. get rid of every one of them........they are nothing more than a cancer on this get country.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:59 PM

soem sort of switch to kill power or kill fuel would slow a criminal down...yes they can still get it and they can by-pass things...but an extra 10 minuted that they may have to spend trying to figure things out may spook them...I have heard of stories from a friend who works at a gm dealership. He told me that they had car thefts right off the lot...turns out it was an inside job by 3 guys working there who had duplicated keys and taped them under fenders....im sure that the thieves have keys made to the vehicles of their choice by "buddies"...its rather depressing to think like this i know...sorry guys...I couldn't imagine waking up to find my truck missing
Old 06-01-2007, 05:40 PM

well I would say that if ya shot them in yard in truck then you say the threat was them running you over.cant tell what a drug addicted car/truck stealing idiot will do.If I was on the jury would be no conviction.Theres nothing wrong with owning a gun & a dog,I have both,My first grab would be 12ga that way a miss wouldnt affect neighbors like my rifles would.Sorry about your loss and hope you either get it back in good order or get a new one.Bill
Old 06-02-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NameNotInUse
no one was hurt and it's just a truck. Good luck.
Might be just a truck, but if it's a few years old and paid for it can be a pretty expensive experience for the victim. I know that if my 01 was stolen it would put a financial hurtin on us. I know the truck, I maintain the truck, it's paid for. The ins. co. would eventually cut me a check somewhere between the trade in value and the retail. It would then be up to me to "replace" it which in 9 times out of 10 means that I would end up going in debt again and end up with a vehicle of hopefully equal, but most likely lesser value, unless of course I use the $$ to throw down on something newer which still would put a hurtin on the month to month spending. And to think they used to kill horse thieves.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:44 PM

In Oregon it's still on the books that you can hang a man for stealing a horse.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:01 PM

We can defend ourselves and property here in AZ, but don't expect that a jury wont hang you, even though you are within the law. If you are using deadly force, it should be a last resort and you should expect to go to trial whether you are justified or not.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:38 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
just shoot their legs out from under them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stolen Ram in Phoenix