HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Stolen Ram in Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not neccessarily, in az. there are a lot of people that carry guns legally. a lot that carry guns illegally, and a lot of very well armed residences. i can't remember hearing of anyone getting shot stealing a truck. if you shoot someone trying to steal your truck YOU are the one most likely going to prison.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Re: stolen truck

I hear you got a real tough Sherriff in Arizona. Maybe you should notify him in case the thief gets caught & does time in his prison..
I hope you get your truck back intact.. Wife & I go to south Texas every winter. They stole a Ford crew cab truck right out of our RV Park last winter.. Never did find it.. Would have been hard to miss, bright green, & dark green. Not many like that around. we're 12 miles north of Reynosa, & 23 miles from Progresso. Don't know what the Mexican Customs do when they go across..
Old 05-20-2007, 02:43 PM

Question Immobilizer Switch

Originally Posted by mr T
everyone needs to insall an immobilizer switch to at least slow these guys down...

one thing that has scared me the most is when i went to get my truck keys duplicated at walmart a couple years back...he asked me what brand the vehicle was...i said dodge truck...and he went to a rack where all the keys already looked like mine...he put ONE divet into it and it was a match...absolutely frightening
what would be a good way to install a switch.. My buddy had a 94 Dodge, & he disabled the pump, so it wouldn't give fuel, & truck only turned over, but wouldn't start... Not sure I could do that on a 97..
Old 05-20-2007, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by duner
not neccessarily, in az. there are a lot of people that carry guns legally. a lot that carry guns illegally, and a lot of very well armed residences. i can't remember hearing of anyone getting shot stealing a truck. if you shoot someone trying to steal your truck YOU are the one most likely going to prison.
yea, it oughta be encouraged to shoot thieves... o wait, that makes too much sense
Old 05-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Banned

personally i would like to see public hangings of car theives. and then just let them hang there and rot so the rest of the bums get the drift. oh, but that would upset the ACLU.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:50 PM

Get a dog...my old ones used to go ape edited by admin when someone would walk up to my house - much less try to start a car in the driveway

Last edited by Totallyrad; 05-24-2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: profanity
Old 05-20-2007, 08:03 PM

In Texas we can protect our property with deadly force. Amen
Old 05-20-2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by explodingdeer
I could definately go for that here. I have heard nothing on the truck. My guess is it is already at a chop shop, or south of the unprotected border. I will be talking to my insurance agent tomorrow. Hopefully something good comes out of that. Thanks to everyone on this site for their support!!

Aaron
Old 05-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Join the club, every night my keys get set next to my .45, that way if the alarm goes off, they both go out the door with me to find out why.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:06 PM

I installed the Ravelco unit just to prevent a drive off theft. I have the factory alarm module, but having the Ravelco disconnect guarantees no start as the factory unit CAN be bypassed, or at least there are claims that it can be bypassed. They would have to flatbed my truck away, but still, they would not get it started.

Sorry to hear that your truck was stolen. I too keep my keys right next to my gun, and my gun is always on my person when traveling. Here in NM we also can protect our property. Our vehicles are just like our homes, private property.

CD
Old 05-20-2007, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by superuke
I hear you got a real tough Sherriff in Arizona. Maybe you should notify him in case the thief gets caught & does time in his prison..
I hope you get your truck back intact.. Wife & I go to south Texas every winter. They stole a Ford crew cab truck right out of our RV Park last winter.. Never did find it.. Would have been hard to miss, bright green, & dark green. Not many like that around. we're 12 miles north of Reynosa, & 23 miles from Progresso. Don't know what the Mexican Customs do when they go across..

I hate to say it, but when I lived around Chicago the old saying was "If it's been more than a day, it's in many pieces in many states by now." And it was usually true.

Oddley enough, a co-worker was moved to San Dieago, CA for a year, and had is *heavily modified* '98 Civic EX stolen less than 2-months after arriving. He had unfortunately also just changed his insurance to liability only Well, about two weeks later, the car was found, in an old subdivision, sitting on it's brake rotors, all his modificaitons were gone, his seats & dash were ripped out, it was a mess. What did he do? He got the car runable, borrowed the spare-tries from four of his friends' Civics, put a lawn chair where the driver's seat used to be and drove it back to his apartment (I wish I could have seen that trip) Then he finished out the car, new (used) seats, instrument panel, trunk lid & hood, and many other parts and sold the car for $6500 with a "rebuilt" title! As he said, at least he learned a lot from the experance...
Old 05-20-2007, 10:41 PM

Exclamation

Sorry to hear that man. I hate thieves as much as a wife/child abuser. I see either and you better hope you can outrun me cuz I will take you off the face of this planet. We work hard for what we have and for someone to come and take it is completely unacceptable.

As for the truck, if you get it back what kind of title does it get? I have read before that people have been issued salvage titles after a theft, even if the vehicle was recovered fully intact nothing missing at all with less than a few miles put on it by the thief, causing the value to be way, way low.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by superuke

Google "tent city" you would think that with conditions like that, they would keep their noses clean, but I guess there are those that like green bologna and living in the 106 heat!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by explodingdeer
This is the way it should be!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM

easy way to disable gen 1's is put a swith to the blue wire on the injection pump. You would run the battery down before it will ever start.

Quick Reply: Stolen Ram in Phoenix