HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Quadzilla Commander wiring problem. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla Commander wiring problem. HELP!

I posted this in the 3rd Gen High Performance Section, but I would like to get this running tonight. So I'm posting here for some more exposure.

Hi guys,

I would like to get this thing fixed tonight if at all possible.

Some background info. When I was hooking this up, I was one wire tap short, so I left the coolant wire unhooked. I was getting crazy readings. It ended up being a bad ground. I fixed it last night and had fine readings all day today, except for the coolant temp of course.

I went by AutoZone and picked up some more T-taps this afternoon so I could tap the coolant line. I got it all hooked up and checked the gauge readings. Everything was good and the readings were normal. So I shut it down and proceeded to wire tie everything out of the way. After I got done, I went back to check the readings one last time.

All of the gauges are reading screwey now. The pyro reads 460 with the engine off. The boost reads 46. The tranny temp reads 280. The coolant temp reads 0. They were all at the opposite ends of the spectrum yesterday with the bad ground. I changed absolutely nothing other than tying the wires up out of the way between the time that everything was working and now.

I've already checked the ground, and it should be good. It was working all day today with the ground in the same spot. I tried unhooking the coolant temp to see if that was it, but after being disconnected the coolant just read 223 and everything else was unchanged.

I'm thinking there's a short, but I'm not sure. What should I check to try and diagnose this problem?

Thanks