HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Projectile Vomitus

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:23 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Projectile Vomitus

I hauled my 5th over to the storage place about 2 miles away. On the way back, my First Wife said she was feeling sick, didn't want me to pull over, but to get home quickly. Just got over 1/2 way back when she decorated her side of the dash.

She is ok, don't know what the problem is (afternoon sickness, not morning).

Anyway, I cleaned up what I could, including taking the three vent covers off on her side and cleaning up inside. I sent the vent covers through the dishwasher.

Now, the truck smells like "Mother's English Tea" cookies and puke. (can you OD on cookies?)

I would like to get rid of the odor. Is there any tried and true remedies short of a trade in?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I used to use Ozium in my patrol car. It came in a little bottle, and a spray. We got through mail order. May try asking around.

It was also suggested on this board some time back to sprinkle coffee grounds under the seats for a few days. Vacuum them up and the smell is gone.

Good luck.

Ed

Edit: "First Wife"??? You have more than one????
Old 05-07-2006, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a thread a while ago about some seafood being left in a car. I can't remember what the cure was, but I am looking for the thread as you read this.

~Rob
Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I also run a Crown Vic K9 vehicle that tends to get a seriously nasty dog smell when Jonah gets muddy and dirty. I use a spray called OdoBan and it seems to work very well. I think you can get it from anywhere like Wal-Mart or K-Mart.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:38 PM

Here is the second part of the thread I mentioned:
Click Here
Ozium (as was mentioned before by Sherod) was the cure.

~Rob
Old 05-07-2006, 08:52 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
I used to use Ozium in my patrol car. It came in a little bottle, and a spray. We got through mail order. May try asking around.

It was also suggested on this board some time back to sprinkle coffee grounds under the seats for a few days. Vacuum them up and the smell is gone.

Good luck.

Ed

Edit: "First Wife"??? You have more than one????
Thanks for the quick responses from all. I'll go out tonight and do the coffee ground sprinkle trick. Maybe that will also wake me up real good in the morning as I drive to work. I'll also stop by the parts store and see if they carry the Ozium spray. I read the other folks that liked it also.

Oh, yeah, First Wife. Well, she is my first wife. I've had her around for something like 27 years and not ready to trade her in yet.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:58 PM
jka

I just bought a used 03 that was a smokers truck. The dealership has a company that puts an "Ozone machine" inside the cab, closes the doors, rolls up the windows and lets this thing run for an hour. It's guaranteed to kill all bacteria in the cab including anything in the vent system. They say it's bacteria that causes the odor and they will retreat the vehicle if the smell returns.

My truck is completely odour free, no smell when the heater or airconditioner is on, seems like it really works.

If you want more info. send me a P.M.