HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Need some help with my work truck please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help with my work truck please.

My sig is the truck i'm having my problem with. I've posted this on the high performance side and haven't got any help. I don't want to be driving my truck if something is getting tore up. For the last two weeks the truck has a shake to it when taking off and it quits around third gear. I was thinking carrier bearing but I've heard the pressure plate gets wore out sometimes and cracks and warps causing a shake. Last night while driving it I noticed when I was first taking off letting the clutch out as soon as it felt like it engaged it made a popping sound. Its a val air clutch and i've had it in for going on 3 years now and never had any trouble out of it other than feeling like a 18 wheeler jumping taking off. If this is something that might be damaging my transmission or anything then i want to shut it down. Any ideas what this might be? Thanks for any help.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 AM

Have you checked the u joint's ? I've had u joints that the bearings stopped turning and just rocked back and forth and dug grooves into the cross. That's when the noises and shakes started. If anything I would throw in some U.S.A. made u joints in and a carrier bearing. It's not that $$$ to do and can't hurt. Unless you drop the driveshaft on your parts. Other than that Check your tranny mount bolts, and look at the drive shaft for bends, dents and missing weights. I know it's annoying to hear but, set your e brake and chock your wheels. I've seen a truck roll with someone under it, on fairly level ground. It didn't end well. If you have a lift then I'll just shut up and be envious. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:25 AM

Thanks I'm gonna try to change that carrier bearing out tomorrow if I can find one. I don't know if I need to shim it down a little bit since I've lifted the truck. I've only had the lift on the truck for around 6k miles so i'm thinkin maybe thats putting it in a bind maybe?