HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

MAP Sensor help (retro fit)

Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAP Sensor help (retro fit)

I could use some help figuring out what is going on with this Map sensor I am retrofitting for use with a quadzilla commander. The commander is to Tap the MAP sensor signal wire. I set the commander for the make and model year that the MAP sensor came from so that is can recognize voltage properly.

It's a CR map sensor listed for years 03-06
The pin out from dodge body builder is
A-Ground
B-Intake temp signal
C-5v supply
D- MAP signal

I no longer have the stock fuel system so I've decided to use the 5v from the water in fuel sensor. According to my manual the pin out for the WIF sensor

5v input- black/lt blue wire.
Signal- Dk green/ red.

However with the key on I get 5v at the dk green/red wire and not at the black/lt blue wire. I found that odd seeing as the black/lt blue wire also does not supply any power the IAT sensor right next to the WIF w/ the key on either. The manaul shows the black/lt blue wire running all over feeding 5v to various sensors and senders under the hood but I can't get power from it any where. So I decided to use the dk green/red wire for my 5v input.

Any way on to the problem...

With the MAP mounted in the intake and Grounded via Pin A.
Input voltage at pin C (dk green/red wire) drops to 1.62 and no other Pins have power. I was expecting to have a little power from both Pin B and D to represent atmosphereic pressure and ambient temp

I decided to ungroud the sensor to see if things change. With pin A disconnected from battery ground, input voltage at pin C returns to 5 volts and all other pins have 3.5v. Including A that is supposed to be the ground. That gives me about 25psi of boost on the commander with KOEO

I don't know much about wiring or how these types of sensors work but apparently it's not as simple as 5v in and X volts out.

Does the MAP sensor need to be in a completed circut (of sorts) and then tapped into?

I know this isn't a 911 side of the road type post but I really don't know where to go at this point.

Any help would be great, thanks!