HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

eeeeek no start????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eeeeek no start????????

hi guys i need a little help here,my early 04 standard,has been giving me some isuues lately,it first started almost a year ago but was very intermitent so i didnt do much about it,been doing it alot more lately and let me stranded yeaterday,when it forst started i thought it was the clutch swith as it seemed to start after i pushed the clutch in hard a few times,it doesnt crank at all,so i bypasses the switch and it coincidently didnt do it for awile but came back after,then i removed the predator and it coincidently went away,none of those must be the prob as its back,i also have the skim key code but the pred always made the code,so i dont think thats the prob,it seems if i turn the key on and off many times it finally goes,the last few times i had to turn the key about 150 times to finaly get it to go,i had my kids in the truk and i had to walk home with them yeaterday,i walked back bymyself and turned the key about 100 times and it finaly went,iam scared to drive it,what should i chek,could it be somehting in the ignition or in the wiring somewhere,its intermitent so i think it would be hard to detect at the dealer,it doesnt have any codes so im not sure what they would look for what do u guys think,is there a sequence of operation i can look for next time it doies it,thanks in advance guys
Old 02-15-2010, 06:54 AM

Check your battery cables but it sounds like a starter issue to me. Is there any noise when you turn the key? any clicking?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 AM

do you have an aftermarket alarm installed? If so check any starter interrupt relays and wiring. Remove the plastic covers on steering column and check for pinched wires. If you have tilt steering try to start while moving the column up and down, if it starts it in the column wiring or ignition switch.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 PM

hey guysthanx for the replies,it doesnt clik at all,makes no noise,it does nothing,the grid heaters come on but nothing else,ill chek the tilt steering when it does it again,it didnt do it today,i started it about 10times,such a weird thing,so random,i dont get it,i dont have a aftermarket alarm,also no power door locks or anthing,its a plain jain model.it seems like the ignition but i dont think,has anyone else had a similar issue,thanx in advance