General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

young diesel owner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I`ve only had my CTD a little over a year now and I`m pushin the BIG four-oh this B-day...as far as chix go, well the missus like to drive it, heck she even smoked out some knucklehead that "tried" to cut her off the other day, I fear that she might start to like it toooo much.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first diesel was at the ripe old age of 17. A 1 ton dodge with an 8ft plow and road sander. I fell in love with working at a really early age, and needed a truck that wanted to work (and make some cash) as badly as I did!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MY son is 18 got his first diesel this year and as far as chics go at this point in life he would rather bomb his truck then change diapers
Old 11-05-2005, 08:28 PM

got my 97 CTD at 20 after 2 gassers (didn't crash them worked them to death) and will never go back exspecially after some of my bombs and smoke which my girlfriend also likes
Old 11-05-2005, 09:18 PM

Got a hemi at 16 and needed more torque, so 11 months later i got a diesel, and now This month is the 10 month anniversary of me owning my truck, and im already checking out mega cab cummins'
Old 11-05-2005, 10:15 PM

Ok, so its the family truck, but I drive it a lot, espescially to college, at 20. I could have bought one of my own, but I wanted a motorcycle, so I went out and bought a nice CBR. A little faster than the truck you could say. Now I'm tryin to convince the family to get rid of the suburban and get a second cummins, wish me luck.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't read any other replies, just the opening post, but I just got my first diesel at age 22 also. We are ahead of our age group.
But now my 16 year old brother wants one BADLY after driving mine.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:46 PM

I was 23 when I got my first diesel, well my husband (fiance at the time) got one and I drove it all the time. It really depends on the area if the chicks like diesel trucks. I know my husband got my attention when I found out that he had a truck (wasn't a diesel though). I love the sound of the diesel trucks.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:23 AM

well then, i stand corrected! to say that chicks dont dig diesels may have been a bit off, i think more of what i meant was that chicks dont dig boxy 1st gen diesels. they seems to like big new flashy cars. maybe if i had an 06 in all actuality, my GF does like the truck. im in southern california. some might call it the land of superficial materialism. i guess i just never figured girls to be turned on by a diesel. more like a crotch rocket or sports car. but come to think of it, one thing we do have a lot of here in socal are ENORMOUS f-250's 350's 450's and 550's that are raised up at least 12" with incredibly bling torsion bars and huuuuuuge mudders that have probably never left the pavement. girls round here seem to dig those

anywho, i gotta ask. how do some of you guys that are even younger than me afford these nice pricey rigs? i spent $8700 on my 1st gen (which i thought was quite a lot) that i would never have been able to swing without my credit union for some strange reason being willing to finance me at 4.9%.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:30 AM

Got my first diesel at 16, 2000 F350 Powerstroke. This spring *at age 18* I got smart and sold it and picked up a 98 12V
Old 11-06-2005, 07:15 AM

Got mine at 16. Put stacks on em and roal coal and the chicks flock to your truck. At least the good ones do. Which brings me to a good story, went to our local fair for the truck pulls one nite and pulled in paid and started making my way to park anywho there were a couple pulling trucks ahead of me so i did what any young man would do i marked my territory with 2 black plumes of soot. now no sooner than i had parked there were bout 5 girls there asking if i saw what truck sent up the smoke signals over by the entrance. i told em it was mine and they didnt believe me so i did it again so needless to say me and my buddies had company the rest of the nite.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:05 AM

wife hated my loud obnoxious 91 when i married her 5 yrs ago. tried to get me to buy a small toyota. i stand my ground on trucks. the 91 was totalled 2 1/2 years ago by a toyota but after fighting the ins company a few days i had enough out of them to upgrade to a 92 4x4. she drove it and loved it. makes her feel safe. doesnt like my modified bumper and she cant find the muffler tho.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:35 AM

again, it depends on the girl. I love the look of a nice clean 1st gen. the trucks my husband and I have are not new, current diesel is an 01 we just got it in July, last diesel was a 99 we bought in 04. In So Cal it does seem like like there are more trucks running around that are lifted and useless.

Originally Posted by jeepsuck
well then, i stand corrected! to say that chicks dont dig diesels may have been a bit off, i think more of what i meant was that chicks dont dig boxy 1st gen diesels. they seems to like big new flashy cars. maybe if i had an 06 in all actuality, my GF does like the truck. im in southern california. some might call it the land of superficial materialism. i guess i just never figured girls to be turned on by a diesel. more like a crotch rocket or sports car. but come to think of it, one thing we do have a lot of here in socal are ENORMOUS f-250's 350's 450's and 550's that are raised up at least 12" with incredibly bling torsion bars and huuuuuuge mudders that have probably never left the pavement. girls round here seem to dig those
Old 11-06-2005, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, some girls like em, some don't. They do seem to like the new ones that are lifted sky high, and will never see anything but the sand onthe beach. I guess they figure it takes money todo that stuff, so he has tohave money. Sadly, tho, most of the money to do all that is gonna be paid off slowly for ther next 20 yrs.

I've owned 8 dodges truck, well, an 80 crewcab 1 ton, a 93 grand caravan, and 5 79 Ramchargers (hence the screen name), and finally my 97 CTD.

I always wanted a CTD, but could never justify the cost vs need. Well, at 41, when gas prices shot so high I couldn't afford to drive my 79 RC to go have fun in it much anymore, I came across a deal I just could not pass up, that allowed me to not only get my 1st CTD, but in doing so, would allow me to finally take my last remaining RC off the street, and really go crazy with mods to it.

I was kinda worried that my best friend, who is a die hard chevy fanatic, HATES diesels, and who says it if doesn't look new, don't buy it, would rib me constantly about it. Well, after he saw it, and drove it, adn realized I am getting almost the same mileage out of it as he does in his 2wd 1/2 ton chevy (him 17 vs me 16 right now), he is now occasionally heard to say he needs to get rid of his 87 chevy crewcab dually 454, and get a diesel.

He even helped me convince a mutual friend that he needed a diesel (albeit he bought a 06 dmax), because of the high miles he drives. before fuel prices shot up, he was dropping over $1000 a month on fuel to feed his old crewcab 4x4 gasser 496 cid.

AS for the girls, I see them looking all the time, but I don't care if it is cuz that hate the noise, or love it. They can look all they want...touching will cost them........
Old 11-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Banned

bought the one in my sig at 22. but my first diesel was a 82 gmc 1500 6.2 n/a i bought that at the age of 19.

Quick Reply: young diesel owner?