Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Why are the Ford guys so touchy about their trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amen to that, or anything new, its just inexcusable IMO.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
its because more of them are buying Dodge Cummins I have 2 ford buddies that dumped theres 1 got a 98 12v the other just ordered a new magacab
Old 02-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

A lot of Ford guys are irritable because they're sick of getting Cummins' smeared in their faces...

Not that any of us would do anything like that...
Old 02-02-2006, 05:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Man, I saw that post yesterday and it was complete, looked at it 2 min ago and it`s been hacked to death....
post from the mod.,
"I agree and just got done editing out a bunch of off topic posts bashing the 6.0, Dodges and each other. No emails will be sent, since it would take more time to do than I have. If this thread ventures in that direction again, it will be locked. "

I have had replies deleted by the mods over there, and i was`nt even starting anything...geeze!

this guy summed it up pretty good,
"I thought I would post what happened to me, and what I did to get things fixed, but if my posts are going to be deleted I see no reason to post anymore . Good luck with your trucks everyone, bye "
They are like ****-mods over there, wow.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just recently got kicked off the ford truck forums for sticking up for dodge. everytime they had problems with their trucks-they would justify by saying. "at least it is not a dodge" you would have alot more problems. i kept asking what "more" problems? they could never answer the question-just kept slamming dodge trucks- finally they booted me!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That link won't even let me in. They must have closed the thread. I've heard it all before though. One of our helpers wants a 6.0 SD so bad he's using Rotella 15w-40 in his F-150. Little does he know or is willing to admit the 5.4 in his F-150 is a far better engine than the 6.0 and if he'd use the oil he's supposed to be using, it would probably get better mileage than the 6.uh-oh. But he's eat up with it. He insists that problems with the 6.o are rare and Dodge trucks are junk. Now I'm encouraging him to get one. He deserves one.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Smkn600CTD
Why are the Ford guys so touchy about their trucks?
Youd be touchy too if you had to walk to work everyday...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM

You'd be touchy too if the only thing you could rely on for dependability was the tow truck that's taking your junk to the nearest garage!

P.S. I hate Ferds!
Gary
Old 02-02-2006, 08:26 PM

I have owned 2 CTD Dodges and 3 7.3PSD's. So fare with the CTD's I have only had 2 problems and they were with the chassis items. The PSD's a water pump and a bad cps. As for the 6.0's I learned today that at where I used to work that a Brand new 6.0 with less then 30 miles on it blew the motor. The truck is a 550 that is being made inot a fire dept emergency vehicle.

If this could happen to a truck that is not even in service. Open's up this question how many Ambulance's that have 6.0 are having troubles espically if a friend or a relative is riding in the back. Most of them are being started then driven hard. I would imagine that they are having alot of issues. Since Ford van's and van chassis are the most popular for this application.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:07 PM

umm fords get used in fleet because thats what Ford specializes in..they have ready made fleet vehicles and give considerable discounts when u buy trucks in large numbers....every other company if u want a dumpbox or whatever on there u gotta get that on there urself...so the majority of townships get ford contracts that they have been locked into for years

people then get the impression that real work trucks are Ford trucks and thats what "must " be the ideal work truck or else so and so wouldnt be using them

they have spent years and years making fun about dodge trannys and front suspension parts...while quickly hiding and denying any evidence of low ford quality....its fun to see how die-hard ford hearts are tearing at the seams because they couldnt hide the lemon that is the 6.0
Old 02-02-2006, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by MadDog01
You'd be touchy too if the only thing you could rely on for dependability was the tow truck that's taking your junk to the nearest garage!

P.S. I hate Ferds!
Gary
Gary, my trucks havent seen a garage since I bought them - and theyve never been down. Sorry to disappoint you. In all fairness, one is a 12V that ive only owned since last spring.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:02 AM

Hurry, Ban Dr. Evil and lock this thread

Just kidding, I work on cars and light trucks for a living, and I've come to the conclusion that they all suck.

I love my truck but has anyone ever driven a Strattus?

When the Ford Taurus used to be the number one selling car and the F150 was the #1 truck, I always said that Ford had the best salesmen by a mile. I would feel guilty selling someone a Ford Taurus
Old 02-03-2006, 12:02 AM

Dr. I've had rotten luck with fords. My Co. work truck is a 1999 f250 7.3. I can't even remember how many times I've been stranded and towed! I'm on the fourth tranny, three power steeing pumps, two crank or cam sensors, fuel pump and the fuel filterhousing had to be replaced. Those were the big problems. Now to be fair, my co-worker's truck is a 1999 also and he's never had any problems! He tells me I have bad carma and that I should have positive thoughts about the truck! So after talking with the Dr. Evil, I'll try to have a better attitude!

Thanks Dr. for letting me vent
Gary
Old 02-03-2006, 08:55 AM

I have never owned a ford diesel, but my first truck was a ford ranger with a 2.9l v6. I was told by my mechanic that it was the worst engine ever made. I had to get a new long block, tranny and wiring/exhaust for this piece. I hated that truck. I had a tapping valve that made me want to walk everywhere. I will never own another ford. My roomate has a 03' f150 supercrew he has already gotten a new transfer case, out of warrenty (ford would not cover). also I find it funny that my little 1500 reg cab short bet dodge is a foot shorter than his crew cab short bed. Oh and btw his dad sold every other ford they owned because of that failed transfer case.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Youd be touchy too if you had to walk to work everyday...
That's why I shipped my 04/04 6.0L for my CTD. Biggest POS.

It had all the options.......as well as all the leaking injector and oil leaks one could ever have.

What I love is the way they talk about all the "power" it has. Mine would unlock the darn T/C going down hill, and 90% of the time it was downshifting. OH YEAH...now that's power.........at 3400rpm.

Quick Reply: Why are the Ford guys so touchy about their trucks?