General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Truck running well! Thanks for the help guys!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Truck running well! Thanks for the help guys!

Truck was down for about 3 weeks with a no charg-y Charg-y problem. Lots of diagnostics later- turned out to be a "double whammy"- a broken wire at the molded harness area at the back of the harness (one of the small field wires burnt right inside the molded piece starts- about 3mm in from the edge- no way to see it at all! - I think it is just a defect. then the computer on the voltage regulator portion is dead. -

After some edit with the ground, and also getting one bad voltage regulator - which was new and bad anyway- so, I order a plut in from this on-line place that sells connectors- so I had a really good plug in to the regulator- I got a "breaker jump" type breaker insert- It allows me to take a fused hot source that is key operated- AND it has an led type fuse that lights when the fuse goes bad- I found a cool place on the firewall to mount the voltage regulator- and VIOLA'

I have charg-y charg-y. Most of the time, it charges right at 14.4 it seems.

That seem about right?

And thanks for the help!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
14.4 is right where you want it.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Yeppers- that is just what that manual thingy says!

I love this truck again!

This is my second CTD- I would have never sold the 93 if it didn't have too small a cab for my growing family.

If I have the scratch next year- it will be getting a new trans, and when it does, I plan on doing a near "restore" on the body and non-drivetrain components, to make it nice for another 10-100 years!