General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

TOM plaque discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 02:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TOM plaque discussion

I understand why Wannadiesel split the thread off from the August TOM winner thread, but why did you lock the thread after you did? Why was my post deleted?

I simply asked if DTR had resumed or was about to resume sending out the TOM plaques. and Lary commented...........

"I already answered this in PM's twice...you can either choose to believe me or not....I really don't care either way. You can bet on one thing though, yours got moved to the bottom of the pile and will likely be the last one shipped"

I haven't PM'd or spoke to Lary about this since last August! ONE YEAR AGO! Is that offensive to make a simple inquiry as to the status one year later? Come on Lary, you are not that thinned skinned.

This isn't just about ME or whether I get a plaque.....it's about all TOM winners in the past 2-3 years. We keep having a TOM every month with the expectation that a plaque is forthcoming (sponsored by Tim Barber), but there haven't been any. Sorry if that brings up further discussion about "entitlement".

I am not blaming Lary or trying to throw darts at Lary. I know Lary is busy busy and that there were problems with previous orders of plaques. But at some point there should be some resolution and as far as I knew there wasn't any. It doesn't take years to drive down to your local trophy store and order a few dozen plaques, look them over, pay, and go on your way. If you need help with them, let me know.....call me....I'll be glad to help you with them if you are overwhelmed.

If you are not going to give them, then just say so. And why is Lary taking it personally by moving me to the "bottom of the pile". Because I asked about them? Geesh.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I locked it after the split because it was locked before I split it. This one is locked for the same reason.

I can't speak for whoever it was who locked the other thread, so I am not going to speculate on why that was.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
I understand why Wannadiesel split the thread off from the August TOM winner thread, but why did you lock the thread after you did? Why was my post deleted?

I simply asked if DTR had resumed or was about to resume sending out the TOM plaques. and Lary commented...........

"I already answered this in PM's twice...you can either choose to believe me or not....I really don't care either way. You can bet on one thing though, yours got moved to the bottom of the pile and will likely be the last one shipped"

I haven't PM'd or spoke to Lary about this since last August! ONE YEAR AGO! Is that offensive to make a simple inquiry as to the status one year later? Come on Lary, you are not that thinned skinned.

This isn't just about ME or whether I get a plaque.....it's about all TOM winners in the past 2-3 years. We keep having a TOM every month with the expectation that a plaque is forthcoming (sponsored by Tim Barber), but there haven't been any. Sorry if that brings up further discussion about "entitlement".

I am not blaming Lary or trying to throw darts at Lary. I know Lary is busy busy and that there were problems with previous orders of plaques. But at some point there should be some resolution and as far as I knew there wasn't any. It doesn't take years to drive down to your local trophy store and order a few dozen plaques, look them over, pay, and go on your way. If you need help with them, let me know.....call me....I'll be glad to help you with them if you are overwhelmed.

If you are not going to give them, then just say so. And why is Lary taking it personally by moving me to the "bottom of the pile". Because I asked about them? Geesh.

First of all it IS being handled, several received their plaques in the last two weeks and more are Going out next week.

Secondly if you are going to quote me, quote my entire sentence including the after my comment of putting yours on the bottom of the pile. .....Can't you take a joke? who is the thin skinned one here now? geesh....

I am sorry you don't feel like a winner because you have not yet received your plaque, frankly if you have self worth issues over a little piece of wood and plastic you need help! Again note the laugh..as in I am attempting to joke with you.

Perhaps this will help put it in perspective a bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwfZYO1di4

As far as the thread being locked, I am trying to keep it from getting out of hand when someone mis-reads and or mis-quotes both my post and my intent. I already told you they are being taken care of, you continuing to argue about it isn't going to get me back in town any sooner to ship these things, so why lose your temper and end up getting banned over a misunderstanding? You waited this long, seems like a few more days shouldn't be that big a deal