Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   possibly scammed on the other site... (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/possibly-scammed-other-site-93553/)

coolslice 03-01-2006 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
after still not answering my calls i called the guys girlfriend and she says he just shipped it yesterday (another lie) but she says she will call him and have him call me with the tracking number.

5 minutes later my dad calls and the turbo and DP are at my house.

13 days to get it and never had a t/n...that has me TO'd still. but at least i have it now and i can put it on tonight (if the dealer gets my exhaust gasket)

Glad you got it finally. The guy is still a moron though and obviously lied to you. One simple, honest communication from him could have saved you both a lot of trouble.

CTD2001 03-01-2006 04:43 PM

So you got the turbo, thats good, do u have the injectors yet?

getblown5.9 03-02-2006 07:33 AM

injectors have been in since monday. turbo went in last night and im as mad a raging bull right now.

this guy sold me a turbo that is in no way jr adkins modified, it doesnt spool til 2500rpms in 4th gear and higher, in 2nd and third gear i cant get hardly any boost because it spools so slow

RowJ 03-02-2006 08:11 AM

Definately does NOT sound like a JR's Lil 55! Could be one of his bigger full 55's designed for pulling. He builds them in several different sizes. I think he has one HX-55 with a 80 mm compressor wheel (bore)....obviously for pulling only.
The Lil 55 comes with a 64 mm compressor wheel. You can tell if it's his by the modification where he welds the turbine and compressor together.

Your numbers sound similar to Gunracers1's. He's got a (non JR) Holsett HX-55 with a 26 cm2 turbine housing. Pulls VERY hard on the top end but if I recall his reports, does not spool up till 2500 rpm.

Sorry for all your ongoing problems.

RJ

getblown5.9 03-02-2006 10:35 AM

anyone know where JR's shop is...looks like im gonna get some cash together, and go spend a weekend at his shop and get him to help straighten me out. as for the joker who sold me this thing...i feel sorry for whats coming to him

RowJ 03-02-2006 11:10 AM

Indianapolis, In
317-281-3130
adkinsdieselperformance@yahoo.com

Good Luck

RJ

Hired Gun 03-02-2006 01:05 PM

JR will help you all he can. Glad in one way. At least you got the turbo. Hope you get it lined out soon.

ky4wheeler 03-02-2006 02:29 PM

to everyone on this thread i am the one who sold him the turbo. I will first start by saying yes i was a little slow on shipping the turbo and told him it went on on tuesday. It didnt get shipped till wensday because my dad forgot to drop it off for me. Second of all i didnt have my phone for a week because it was lost and i had them turn it off till i got my new one. Now about the charger itselft. It is a jr adkins lil 55 and he will attest to that if you just call him. It is a 64/16. On my automatic i could get boost around 2000 and i could brake spool it to 30 pounds before busting the brakes loose. I didnt scam anyone and am not that type of guy. I dont know why it wont spool on your truck but if you call j.r. he will do everything he can to help you.

coolslice 03-02-2006 02:48 PM

I would still be upset if it were me. I have no way of knowing what you sent this man. I don't know if it is what you say it is or not. The fact still remains that you told him that it had been shipped long before you actually shipped it. Losing your phone is not a good enough excuse. The way I see it is that you didn't ship it UNTIL there was a significant amount of pressure put on you to do so. I guess I'd have a hard time believing anything you say since you lied to the man to some degree in the beginning. I just hope that lots of people (buyers and sellers) learn a lot from this. You could offer the guy a full refund(minus shipping) and YOU send him the money FISRT. :)

wana12v 03-02-2006 04:04 PM

I dont see how a refund is owed. he shipped it late, however it got there and no one was scammed. as he said it is a 16/64 and he even offered to have him call adkins so he can attest to it.

However if he is having trouble spooling it, he should look into a smaller exhaust housing (14) or (12) like all the htt s3 use. a 16 in conjunction with a 64 is a big charger.

ky4wheeler 03-02-2006 06:09 PM

i dont think a refund is owed at all. yes i did ship it late but the turbo was there and was what i described. Each truck is diffrent and does diffrent things. i spooled the charger at 2000 with a auto. I have just bought a s4 tonight that is going to be on there now. I have in no way lied to this man, just been a little slow and for that i am sorry

getblown5.9 03-02-2006 09:50 PM

ignoring approximately 20 total phone calls, 8-10 of them leaving voicemails on both home and cell phones, a half dozen emails

thats what fried me the most

ky4wheeler 03-03-2006 07:23 AM

i wasnt ignoring phone calls. i didnt have a phone. I mean you talked to people that knew me and they all said the same thing. I mean yes their was a lack of contact on my part but you did get the turbo.

midwestdually 03-03-2006 10:34 AM

i would be irritated too. some day ky4wheeler will learn that just a little bit of communication with people goes ALONG ways as far as keeping people happy and off your butt.

but did you ever say WHY the turbo took 2 weeks to get there? when you lost your phone did your internet connection get lost with your email account got froze? not a payphone anywhere to drop 35 cents into to call this guy? and your home phone also got lost? what about a tel-a-gram? [deadhors]

coolslice 03-03-2006 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ky4wheeler
i dont think a refund is owed at all. yes i did ship it late but the turbo was there and was what i described. Each truck is diffrent and does diffrent things. i spooled the charger at 2000 with a auto. I have just bought a s4 tonight that is going to be on there now. I have in no way lied to this man, just been a little slow and for that i am sorry

I'm not saying you OWE him a refund. I just think it would be the proper thing to do to offer it if turns out that the turbo you sent him is not what you said it was.. If it were me (which it's not), I would say that if you think I cheated you, then send the **** thing back and I'll give your money back and sell it to someone else.

All I know is that the guy says the turbo is not what you described and you say it is. I don't know who is actually right, I'm just saying that I would be more inclined to believe him based on how you've handled the shipping/communication part. On the othehand, he seems to be satisfied with your claim that it IS what you said it is so I hope all is well.

I'm a retard for even getting involved with this because it's not my business, but I'm just curious what the final outcome is. [laugh]