General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Out Diesel Truck Shopping Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out Diesel Truck Shopping Yesterday

Hey Guys , I am currently missing a diesel truck right now but loving the cheap gas ... 1.92 if I cross the bridge into NJ .
I cleaned house on diesel trucks last year running Toyota's right now . I checked out the Ram with Cummins love the motor but not impressed with the body and chassis .
Test drove the new GMC Denali with Duramax motor ran average ... the new truck is actually a little over whelming with all the crap in the that truck even has a windshield camera that if you get close to any painted line in the road it has a seat that vibrates when you run over .
Pretty nice truck over all , every thing is dam expensive .
Everyone seems to be raving about the the fords but I'm not even going there .
With the cheaper gasoline the diesel trucks are not moving at all , I have a crewmax platinum I picked up on a great deal last year and can get close to what I paid for the truck and considering picking up a new diesel even though the diesel prices are still in the 3 dollar range in my area .
Anyone else been shopping ?
Old 01-10-2015, 01:33 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Fords seem to be showing up more over here...seeing less gm stuff. One of our subs has a new RAM 1500 diesel and is getting 28 mpg.

Also consider the new diesels are choked with emissions equipment

Sis's 08 Megacab pulls down a whopping 12 mpg and needs a regeneration run every 5 days. She then takes it on a 45 mile loop to burn it out, how the epa sees this as more fuel efficient I will never understand...

Cheap gas won't last long so make your decision for the long haul....just my .02
Old 01-14-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can wait it out, later this year Nissan will have the new Titan out with the new Cummins v8. I'm confident in the engine but don't like first years of new vehicle models. 2016 Toyota Tundra will also have plus some Class 4/5 commercial vehicles. It'll be a good engine. Not an old schools tank ISB but much better than the vt365 IHC / power stroke.

Nissan Unveils Cummins-Powered Pickup | Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News