General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Nice work LazarSmith . . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice work LazarSmith . . .

Another happy customer here from Mike at LazarSmith.

Long story short, I had an offset trackbar bushing from Mike which rotated on me due to an incorrect install procedure by the shop who pressed the bushing in. The reason for the incorrect install is because myself and the shop were unaware of the proper procedure. The bushing had over a year of use on it, and after some conversations with Mike in another thread and via PM - he decided to give me a full refund for the original price I paid on it, if I shipped it back to him.

Mike offered me a refund on the bushing if i shipped it back so I said yes. He also offered me store credit on an extra track bar i had laying around. So i shipped him the bar and bushing and then a little while later a little box showed up in the mail with a set of LazarLights and a hand-written cheque for the refund.

All in all, I am very satisfied with Mike as we were able to resolve our issues in a civil manner. I apologize Mike, for prematurely giving you negative feedback on the thread that got this ball rolling. I would not hesitate to do business with you again in the future. You are a stand up guy running a stand up business.

You can read about me putting my foot in my mouth here in this thread:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...rsmith+bushing

Thanx again Mike - just wanted to give credit where credit is definitely due.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:08 PM

Very well written...
Old 02-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Wow, I am impressed, so many people in todays society will not go out of their way to retract negative statements, you sir (and from the sound of LazarSmith also) are a stand up guy.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Jason - you obviously have good character.

The used bushing you sent back looked like a new one, except dirty - and of course it had an old-style shell (we switched to a new type last year - adds another step to installation, but maintains a good interference fit throughout the range of OEM track bar bores).

Even though we receive very little negative feedback, it usually stems from an installation issue.

We make parts for diesel trucks because it's more fun than buying them - same reason we sit in the staging lanes instead of the bleachers... and why
everything we sell is used on at least one of our 3 Rams.
LazarSmith is anything but lucrative, yet it allows us to help far more people than service work alone.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Chapter President

I have nothing but positive to say about Mike at Lazarsmith and their products. His 2nd gen tracbar conversion kit was top notch. He also notified me out of the blue when they re-did the conversion bracket and sent me the new improved one for nothing!! Name me another independent guy like that that will offer service like that