General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Mobil Turbo Diesel 5W-40 Clearance Sale

Old 12-03-2013, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Mobil Turbo Diesel 5W-40 Clearance Sale

I stopped by AutoZone today after reading about this sale on another automotive forum. AutoZone is offering Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40 in the gallon jugs for $12.99. Yes! This is the synthetic product in the silver jug. I spoke with a store manager that mentioned that this product (gallon jugs), once sold out, will be gone for good from AutoZone stores.

I observed that the stores do not show the sale price on the shelves. Instead, it is labeled at the regular 29.99. I also found that the folks at AutoZone seem unaware of this sale price. Therefore, if you walk into a store it is highly probable that it will be marked at the regular price. I also noticed that the Mobil 1 and diesel rated oils are not always located with the other lubricants as you would normally think. Therefore,if you do not see it, ask a representative where it's located.

Also...very important. The oil will also show up as 29.99 if a store representative scans it as a price check. In order to get the $12.99 sale price you must have them ring it through at the register as if you are purchasing the product in order to show the discount. The store managers at two AZ stores mentioned that they were unaware of this sale and skeptical that this oil would ring up at the 12.99 price.

If you plan on backing up the truck and purchasing a large quantity, ask the store manager if he or she can perform a store to store transfer. This means transfer all of the Mobil 1 TDT (part # 120782) from other stores to the store you are at. This will save you the time, fuel and hassle of driving around shopping for oil. The store to store transfer is very convenient and you may be able to get the product delivered the same day or the next. The store managers that I spoke with were very helpful and contacted several stores in order to supply me with the quantity that I requested.

This is a smokin deal for a very robust product! Happy hunting.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:47 AM

The sale on Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w -40 ends on 12-24 or until AZ's supplies last.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To bad it isn't here in Tucson
Old 12-10-2013, 10:27 AM

Couldnt turn this loose. I went to AZ and inquired about this sale, I was suprised that noone in the store knew anything about it. They were shocked when I should them their own flyer. They said they dont carry the gallon jugs but would order it. I got 3 gallons as advertised last night. Awesome deal thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgetracker
Couldnt turn this loose. I went to AZ and inquired about this sale, I was suprised that noone in the store knew anything about it. They were shocked when I should them their own flyer. They said they dont carry the gallon jugs but would order it. I got 3 gallons as advertised last night. Awesome deal thanks for the heads up!
Glad it was available for you!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:39 PM

One item not to forget about is picking up an AutoZone Rewards Card. This gets you AutoZone Reward Points" ie - spend $20 - 5 times and you get $20 on your rewards card to spend at the store.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:11 PM

For those of you that would like a little more from this deal, Mobil offers a Mobil 1 rewards program. For every 6 quarts purchased you get 5 dollars towards Mobil swag such as hats, shirts, jackets and other coll items. For example: the purchase of three gallons could net you you a t-shirt or two ball caps. I have attached the link with the details below.

mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Rewards/Mobil_1_Rewards.aspx
Old 12-14-2013, 04:06 PM

Did it thanks again. Just changed the oil also Went and picked up 3 more gals and again the store rep didn't know anything about the sale, tried telling me I was wrong, that it was only for Mobile Delvac and Valvoline 15w40 (Until he rang it up)
Old 12-14-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgetracker
Did it thanks again. Just changed the oil also Went and picked up 3 more gals and again the store rep didn't know anything about the sale, tried telling me I was wrong, that it was only for Mobile Delvac and Valvoline 15w40 (Until he rang it up)
Yeah! I had one store rep. smile as I brought the oil to the register and mention that he was glad to see me purchasing the few gallons they had. He said that they don't sell it very often. Before he rang me out, I asked him to do a store lookup and transfer a large quantity to his store. He was more than happy to do so, but warned me that it would cost me a small fortune. I asked that he proceed with the transfer and went to pay for the oil. After he subtotaled the order, his eyes lit up and just about shouted out " Dude, I just saved you xxx dollars"! The look on his face was priceless.