General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Lemon Lawed

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemon Lawed

Guys I know this is in the wrong forum but I need help fast ....... My dads truck has broken down numerous times for turbos injectors and leaking coolant into the motor........ By the way its a Ford 04 6.0 to be exact ...... PLEASE HELP it needs to be done fast...... By the way the warranty is out but if the problems occured before that can something be done????? Mods move this thread if you have too......
Old 02-15-2007, 07:05 PM

Lemon Law only applies if the first of the reoccurring problems occurred within the first 12 months or first 12k miles. If neither of those apply then it is a waste of time to pursue it.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

how did i know u'r were talking about a 6.0 before i even read it??

later, dustin
Old 02-15-2007, 07:09 PM

Thanks so much for that idea.........
Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You'll need to get a lemon law lawyer, and get in line.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:16 PM

Well, if the problems occured within the timeline that I previously mentioned and the same problem happened more than three times, or if it was in the shopr for more than 30 days within the first 12 months, then there should be no question of it being a Lemon. I would get on the horn with ford corporate for you region and talk to your disctrict rep. See where it goes from there. You have to make an attempt to solve the issue and make it known with the correct people before an attorney will even help your situation.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the help guys
Old 02-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CrashCade
I would get on the horn with ford corporate for you region and talk to your disctrict rep. See where it goes from there. You have to make an attempt to solve the issue and make it known with the correct people before an attorney will even help your situation.
He has already been to the dealer, that is his contact with Ford. The only thing a reginial rep is gonna do without a lawer is laugh, and give you the run around. The ONLY thing that the Ford rep will respond to is a court date. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can handle this on your own, or you can talk to them and get them to see it your way. They are trained to recognize two types of cases, 1. Those without attorenys, and 2 Those with attorneys.They are professionals who's job it is to make you go away. The only time they will notice you is with an attorney at your side.

BTW, Ford will have to pay your attorney's fees if you win. You won't have to worry about winning, the 6.0 engine is the lemon.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:30 PM

I had my 2004 ford 6.0 lemon lawed what a waste of time and money. I would get it fixed and trade it in or sell it.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:41 PM

Its been fixed multiple times....... Its not worth anything ........ So we do have a case even though it is out of warranty..... The truck was in the shop for 4 non sequential moths during the first year and more than that while under warranty...... Does anyone know for sure what the texas requirements are??????
Old 02-15-2007, 07:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good luck with the lemon law. I would just get it fixed and trade it in. Should of lemon lawed it the first year and you would of been O.K. The mileage deductions are going to eat him up.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:59 PM

Not to be sarcastic, but good luck. I've had alot of issues with my truck. I tried to get my truck lemon lawed had 2 attorneys that said that they were going to get my truck lemoned. They reviewed all my documents and said I had a case. Come to find out, that when they spoke to DC all of a sudden they couldn't lemon law the truck. I'm sure DC has something up their sleeve to not help the consumers out when there is a problem. Poor customer service. I wasted alot of time and efforts. So currently, my truck is getting fixed up at the dealer and when I get it back, I'm prepping it to sell or trade in. But good luck, and remember they don't always look out for you, it's whats in it for them.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:04 PM

Good point whats wrong with your truck and goodluck to you to........
Old 02-15-2007, 08:10 PM

I have been checking into the same w/ my truck. If he is in Texas, you do have a case. Google Texas lemon laws & read them all. Get an att.. It will be free 'cause the manuf. has to pay it. Get a LEMON LAW att., have him mail Ford a letter stating everything & then go from there. Make sure he specializes in LL's. But first, google your edited by admin off!!!!!!! HTH. By the way, you will find 1,000,000,000,000 LL att.'s w/ that google. Good luck & keep me posted !

Forum Rules

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.

Last edited by Totallyrad; 02-15-2007 at 08:45 PM. Reason: word filter by-pass
Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Thanks LFD.... and yes were in Texas

Quick Reply: Lemon Lawed