General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Killed a D-max......BAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Killed a D-max......BAD

This morning I'm on my way to work cruising down the freeway about 67 and I see this GMC truck coming up on me hard and fast. Well he pulls up next to check things out smiling and nodding @ me. So I kick the cruise control off and he nods and punches it. He gets about a 1/2 a truck length on me and the turbo spools and boost kicks in and BYE-BYE duramax. In a matter of seconds I go from 67 to 90 mph in this lead sled. I look in my (L) mirror and I see d-max fading fast, in the (R) mirror beautiful plume of BLACK smoke (Its one thing to be beat, but then to be branded!) So he gets over behind me to pass a slower vehicle and try to keep up with me. NO, NO, NO! I give the beast a little more go juice and no more d-max, I think the strain was more then he could bare. About a mile down the road I didn't see him, so I slowed down and he finally caught up. He nodded, smiled and waved.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:17 PM

with 374 hp i think you would or should be able to beat a 245hp stock max, but keep in mind with a flick of a switch the stock max can max 390 hp with a stock tranny i would bet their would be a difference in out come...

nice kill anyways, how would you know he is stock
Old 01-19-2006, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If "if's and but's" was candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Guess the DMax bubba will check out some mods hisself now.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned

I'm hoping that 374 dyno was before the injectors. Otherwise that's pretty sad. Great kill though. It's nice beating up on those guys. I got a chance to race a good looking girl in a lifted 6.0 with triple gauges and exhaust. I jumped her off the line and then let off and all I heard was turbo, tire screeching, and she was gone. Sure wish I woulda stayed in that race. It would have been interesting. I'll find her again though.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:20 PM

It doesn't matter whether he was modded or not! If you feel froggy jump, just be prepared to get squarshed!
Old 01-19-2006, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I'm hoping that 374 dyno was before the injectors.
That was with the injectors, but on a Mustang Dyno. This truck feels like it pulls harder then the #s say.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned

I'd imagine so. I dynoed at 371 with a comp and 275's. Dynojet though.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Splittin hairs.

Does this count?
I have a trailer full of strongman gear...I am in my 01 Ram 3500 4x4 6 spd...TST comp box, Custom DD 3's and a B1KS
Empty dually dmax pulls up to the lights and he starts hopping forward. [If I come up on ANY truck with a trailer and I am empty, I know its not a place to race as the empty truck will win.]
Not this time. Even if he was stock and thought he could school me with what I was towing, I took care of him...FAST.
So my bragging rights is I stomped an empty dmax with a heavily bombed Ram at 20,000 pounds or better. Not a bad match up?

Scotty
Old 01-19-2006, 10:10 PM

Right on SCOTTY!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:56 PM

scotty: if you make it to our dyno day we might have to compare trucks on the road, always up for a bit of bragging rights

scotty:
Originally Posted by Scotty
Splittin hairs.

Does this count?
I have a trailer full of strongman gear...I am in my 01 Ram 3500 4x4 6 spd...TST comp box, Custom DD 3's and a B1KS
Empty dually dmax pulls up to the lights and he starts hopping forward. [If I come up on ANY truck with a trailer and I am empty, I know its not a place to race as the empty truck will win.]
Not this time. Even if he was stock and thought he could school me with what I was towing, I took care of him...FAST.
So my bragging rights is I stomped an empty dmax with a heavily bombed Ram at 20,000 pounds or better. Not a bad match up?

Scotty
Old 01-19-2006, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Clunk
If "if's and but's" was candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Guess the DMax bubba will check out some mods hisself now.
i haven't heard that in ages i gotta start re-using that..thats classic
Old 01-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember that story Scotty.. Wasn't the Dmax giving you the thumbs down at the light??? Talk about eating crow... That was with the "brand new" LB7 that was just out, so they had something to prove.

Torque dear Freddy.... Something even a boxed DM doesn't have. MR. B here has over 900 ft-lbs which in my research equals over 450hp in a DM to be even close to that WITH tranny mods... May not be fast right off the line, but get out of the way once we get into direct drive!!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
a good looking girl in a lifted 6.0 with triple gauges and exhaust
I dont know her, but I think I'm in love!!
Old 01-21-2006, 07:27 AM

ya you could be right their, takes a lot of power to stay in front of that...

their is always someone around to kick a guys butt , you just never know what to expect when you pull up to the lights, thats why i tell my wife, we need to keep finding more hp, she says

my neighbor just kicked my butt for my first ever time with his 03 cummins, lets say i still am in shock, dam thing did a 12.0 the other night on winter diesel and a weight of 7700lbs with the gtech, so yes i am a bit humbo today

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
I remember that story Scotty.. Wasn't the Dmax giving you the thumbs down at the light??? Talk about eating crow... That was with the "brand new" LB7 that was just out, so they had something to prove.

Torque dear Freddy.... Something even a boxed DM doesn't have. MR. B here has over 900 ft-lbs which in my research equals over 450hp in a DM to be even close to that WITH tranny mods... May not be fast right off the line, but get out of the way once we get into direct drive!!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Win or lose is no matter, the thrill of the race gets my heart beatin' faster than anything else at my present stage of life.

Quick Reply: Killed a D-max......BAD