General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Just saw a Ford PSD w/ 5" stacks...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw a Ford PSD w/ 5" stacks...

The truck was really nice looking but I could hardly hear it when it drove by!! Those stacks were SWEEET!!!! Seems like a lot of money to spend and my truck is still louder than it was!! ;D I love my Cummins (When I'm not working on it!!)
Old 03-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Just saw a Ford PSD w/ 5" stacks...

I've heard a PSD with stacks on it coming back from NC and I must say it sounded sweet. That V8 has a good sound if done right.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:43 PM

Well, this truck was beautiful (even though it was a Ford) and those stacks looked brand new. I wonder if he had some sort of muffler still.?.? Is that possible?
Old 03-17-2003, 09:33 PM

My friend just put stacks on my old 96 ford and I say it sounds like crap. I never liked a straight piped V8 diesel.<br>he has a 70 hp chip and thinks its the bomb. <br>DM01
Old 03-18-2003, 09:16 AM

I live close to NAS Lemoore..Ca....There are a lot of people that live off base and drive to work. I have seen this truck a number of times...its a 199? F350 4X4 with dual 5&quot; stacks. Now this truck runs!!! I have seen him hook to a sled and this very morning I saw him parked in front of one of our states finest black and whites...the ones with the pretty lights on top <br> The Ford was trying to help the farmers by spraying for bugs by filling an intersection with a cloud of black smoke..I dont think he(Ford) had a chance with that story when there was a 100' black mark leaving the stop sign and the CHP seen him do it....<br> But this truck is nice...still dont like the sound of the injectors when they fire...<br><br>Rick
Old 03-18-2003, 11:18 PM

That guy signs on to the Ford site as stupidF350. I'm not impressed at all by his truck, there's a lot of Fords out there that run way better than that truck
Old 03-19-2003, 09:30 AM

Last time I was in Brenham Tx we saw a f350 PSD with 5&quot; stacks. Well I didnt see any soot on 'em so I was kinda ???. So me and my friend decided to go look at them. Looking underneath the bed the pipe came striaght from the turbo down and back all the way to the DRW. And the guy I guess saw us and was like what the [censored] are yall looking at and the guy was kinda short and didnt relize how tall I was so he keep on cussing at us and stuff till he walked up to his truck and relized. And so I asked if he would start up his truck and WOT. He said no cause his turbo is messed up. yea right. Then I asked him why he had no soot in the stacks and he said I just got them put on today down at some muffler shop. So he got a big atitude about the whole thing so the next night we went by and UNBOLTED his stacks from his truck. <br>It was funny.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:18 PM

[quote author=SuperiorDiesel03 link=board=8;threadid=12376;start=0#117947 date=1048087838]<br>Last time I was in Brenham Tx we saw a f350 PSD with 5&quot; stacks. Well I didnt see any soot on 'em so I was kinda ???. So me and my friend decided to go look at them. Looking underneath the bed the pipe came striaght from the turbo down and back all the way to the DRW. And the guy I guess saw us and was like what the [censored] are yall looking at and the guy was kinda short and didnt relize how tall I was so he keep on cussing at us and stuff till he walked up to his truck and relized. And so I asked if he would start up his truck and WOT. He said no cause his turbo is messed up. yea right. Then I asked him why he had no soot in the stacks and he said I just got them put on today down at some muffler shop. So he got a big atitude about the whole thing so the next night we went by and UNBOLTED his stacks from his truck. <br>It was funny.<br>[/quote]<br>Boy that a funny thing because I have been through the same thing almost. We did it after he got drunk and went on a beer run with his friend. We saw him leave. (I live two miles from the store he was at) so we jumped in the truck and went to his house. got the stacks and took them two houses down and droped them off. We then hid just so he could not see us and watched jump out of his friends truck fall three or four times befor getting to the door of the house where his stacks were and start yelling at the guy that came to the door. It was the funniest thing that I have ever seen. He never knew who stole his stacks and moved them. had to sit in the jail one night for punching the guy that he thought stole his stacks. He almost fought my friend when we looked at his truck in a wal-mart parking lot. that is what startedthe whole mess. stupid? YES funny? YES do it again? hope not<br>dm01
Old 03-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Banned

SPD03, you ever do that to my truck and I'll beat the you know what out of you. Saw a ferd yest. with stacks, didn't look that great and I couldn't hear it. I'm going with sidepipes. Mine will be functional though. ;D
Old 03-19-2003, 06:13 PM

Ya, some nice big stainless steel side-pipes would be cool. Until you try to take the truck off-road that is.. <br><br>I would just like to reitterate that I'm not bashing the Ford truck. It was a really nice truck. I just couldn't believe how quiet it was. When I straight piped my truck(for that half hour) it was loud as crap!! I can just imagine the sound with stacks! I guess I'll have to come to a get-together soon so I can hear a real truck w/ stacks..
Old 03-19-2003, 06:18 PM

BB why would I mess with your truck theres nothing on the outside that i can just unbolt besides your cable to you tranny and maybe pump wire or something. j/k i wouldnt do anything.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=Dodgezilla link=board=8;threadid=12376;start=0#118145 date=1048119202]<br>I guess I'll have to come to a get-together soon so I can hear a real truck w/ stacks.. <br>[/quote]<br><br>There's a meeting in Williamsburg Va Saturday morning at the Dodge dealer. You'll get to hear all kinds there.