General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

I think I'm getting scammed by a member here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have his street address, or email address, or phone #? Isn't there someone on here who is aware of him and the person willing to help is like 8 miles away?

I have a buddy who buys and rebuilds clocks off the internet. He purchased a clock from a guy 3 states away and paid with a MO. He didn't receive the clock. He had his address and phone number and email addy. He never answered anything except to email a couple of times to repeat he had sent the clock. This went on for about 5 weeks.

So we sent an email stating, "We'll be up in the area in a few weeks and we'll stop in and see if you've got the clock back from you shipper by them. Not sure when we'll be there, our schedule is extremely flexible. See ya then!"

Myron received his clock in 5 days.

The ole boy didn't know how many "we" was, or what time of day, or if his wife, GF or kids would be home when "WE" showed up. He took the path of least resistance, and sent the clock.

Get creative.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by D2 Cat
Get creative.
Sadly, that's usually what it takes. I got scammed on a set of DSM injectors once, as well as about 6 other people on various goods. I had been contacted by someone mounting a lawsuit against him, and they found me through his for sale thread. Anyways, when about 7 of us started sending him certified letters and a lawyer was representing us his parents got involved and ponied up the ~$8k or so he owed everyone to keep him from getting in even worse trouble.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
Can't you take him to small claims?
You might be able to get a judgment against him, but you'll still have to try and collect it. Although if he owns any property you can file a lien against it after you get the judgment. You might be able to do a title search online and then file a lien with the county.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:53 PM

I had a similar problem with a different site. I purchased a set of $300 injectors and the gentleman took forever to send them after repeated calls. When it finally arrived, I was really surprised the post office accepted the box, it was nothing more than a cheap artwork type of paper with a pound of clear tape around it. Put the injectors in and the truck had a horrible miss at idle. From now on if I purchase anything large from a forum, its going to cash on delivery only.

Hope you get your problem fixed.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Banned

any word yet??
Old 02-06-2007, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He does not answer phone calls to home or bus., I've left several messages. His address does exist. I had one of the guys who work for us go by a day or so ago and he could not find anyone to talk to. I think I will leave a note if I can get by there this weekend. I would have a letter from a lawyer drafted and contact the oldham co. sherriff and file a theft by deception charge. This whole thing really makes me mad and I almost feel a personal stake in this now. I will continue to try and help in any way I can. Pm mail me again if you want my private #.
Joe
Old 02-06-2007, 03:02 PM

i really appreciate your help in this guys.

looks like he tried to post another classified ad a week ago...
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...t=8907&cat=500

still no word from him
Old 02-06-2007, 03:07 PM

He must be completely oblivious to everything that's been going on here or stupid. Luckily admin stopped him by giving him that great description. I don't get why he would try to pull this.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The classified link leads to a page that says: "Product ID is no longer in our database. If you were trying to renew an ad, you will need to resubmit. "

I think the admins. must have put the brakes on him....
Old 02-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by CTD NUT
I think the admins. must have put the brakes on him....

Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Reminds me of the three stooges for some reason. "why I otta"

For future referance. Anthing over $1,000 in theft is considered GRAND theft. People like this guy have the "I won't get caught" attitude, prove him wrong. Do you have his actual first name? I can try to help if you give me some info.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

his name is James Centrell
Old 02-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Ok, I know anyone could do this, but here goes. First, I could not find a James CEntrell anywhere. James CAntrell is in KY, but not Goshen. Here is a list of James Cantrell's in KY. maybe it will help or at least get you a real phone number and address. BTW, I would have PM'd you, but everyone needs to know.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
Ok, I know anyone could do this, but here goes. First, I could not find a James CEntrell anywhere. James CAntrell is in KY, but not Goshen. Here is a list of James Cantrell's in KY. maybe it will help or at least get you a real phone number and address. BTW, I would have PM'd you, but everyone needs to know.

that was a typo on my part, James Cantrell is correct
Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 AM

that gooogle set up is not very good, if you have a friend that is a cop, see what he pulls up.

Quick Reply: I think I'm getting scammed by a member here!