Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Ford Guys...........

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Guys...........

My friends and I were coming back from a drag race in Idaho, headed to California. 06 megacab 3500 SRW almost 60k on the odometer already, with the 53' LQ race trailer behind it almost 1/2 the time. We pull into the Iron Skillet truck stop in Sparks NV, and a Hotshot hauler comes up to me and starts asking questions about our trailer. He then proceeds to tell me that he bought a F350 ford with a 6.0 for his line of work because the Dodges are unreliable and just don't hold up . I asked him if he had any problems yet, and he smiled and said "not one at all". I asked him how many miles on the clock and he said almost 20K. I asked him when the last time he saw a powerstroke in a big rig, and he looked at me with a blank stare. Ford guys are unbelievable sometimes...........
Old 07-02-2007, 01:55 AM
Banned

JUST sometimes??!!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get in truck fights at least once a week with two guys who drive 7.3 powerjokes, and tell me that my truck is a piece of crap and I just say lets see your truck after 15+ years. I hate ford drivers who put my older truck down, it is annoying. Just because I don't have a newer truck doesn't mean that it is a piece of junk. They are unbelievable
Old 07-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jlibert
I asked him when the last time he saw a powerstroke in a big rig, and he looked at me with a blank stare.
i'v never seen a 5.9 in a big rig, but i'v seen a cummins. never seen a powerstroke in a big rig, but i'v seen an international
Old 07-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by clutch1
i'v never seen a 5.9 in a big rig, but i'v seen a cummins. never seen a powerstroke in a big rig, but i'v seen an international
I have seen several old GMC cab-overs with the ISB. In fact my father's first GMC cab over had the mighty 12 valve in it. He uses it today at his company as a "yard trailor mover"

Does anyone know why the Ford 650 and 750 have 5.9 Cummins in them and not the 6.0?

Go look at all the motor coaches on ebay with the 600 series Cummins an Cat engines in them.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Does anyone know why the Ford 650 and 750 have 5.9 Cummins in them and not the 6.0?
The real question is: "Does anyone know why Dodge put a medium duty engine in a light duty truck?" Answer: To blow away the competition...
Old 07-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
I have seen several old GMC cab-overs with the ISB. In fact my father's first GMC cab over had the mighty 12 valve in it. He uses it today at his company as a "yard trailor mover"

Go look at all the motor coaches on ebay with the 600 series Cummins an Cat engines in them.
simply because its more engine than the 6.0. but i dont consider them big rigs.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by clutch1
simply because its more engine than the 6.0. but i dont consider them big rigs.
I was being sarcastic!! I wouldn't trade my 26 horse Kawasaki on my Zero-Turn for a 6.0
Old 07-02-2007, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by whereswaldo250
I get in truck fights at least once a week with two guys who drive 7.3 powerjokes, and tell me that my truck is a piece of crap and I just say lets see your truck after 15+ years. I hate ford drivers who put my older truck down, it is annoying. Just because I don't have a newer truck doesn't mean that it is a piece of junk. They are unbelievable
I've learned to ignore the opinions of others regarding what I drive. And likewise, I leave THEM alone as well. Lowers blood pressure, makes life simpler - you get my drift.

Truth is - THEY didn't pay for my truck, they don't maintain it, but on rare occasion, one of them may be towed behind it when thiers acts up. I guess I just try to be a neighbor, a fellow American, if I agree or disagree with thier choice of truck.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96_12V
I've learned to ignore the opinions of others regarding what I drive. And likewise, I leave THEM alone as well. Lowers blood pressure, makes life simpler - you get my drift.

Truth is - THEY didn't pay for my truck, they don't maintain it, but on rare occasion, one of them may be towed behind it when thiers acts up. I guess I just try to be a neighbor, a fellow American, if I agree or disagree with thier choice of truck.
Well spoken Sir!! Here's to ya -
Old 07-03-2007, 07:40 AM

I obviously don't agree with what the guy said or how he acted,but please don't act like the 6.0 is a piece of junk.

It has had it's share of problems,but I'm sure every truck has it's weak points.

I don't keep up with the Dodge or Chevy as far as the problems they may have had and I honestly like both trucks.

It is easier to make the Cummins or Duramax faster due to the common rail system,but I have had fun trying to get my truck faster without breaking the bank.

I recently run a 12.73@ 104.88mph in the 1/4 on stock heabolts,gaskets and most of all totally STOCK transmission in my 6.0.

John_P was there to verify it!

Not bad for a POWERJOKE
Old 07-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Wink

I dont care what the other guy drives weather its Ford, Chevy, Dodge. Its just fun to tease other guys of the "other" brands. Its been a long tradition between the Ford and Dodge, and finally the Chevy guys. Its the same as arguing over Mustang vs Cammaro, John Deere or International. Its a weird comrodary that in the end brings us all together.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:33 AM

My all time favorite for the ford owners... "You have to upgrade to a F650 or F750 to even have the option to have the Cummins"....
Old 07-03-2007, 11:51 AM

The response on why is the cummins offered in the 650's and not powerstroke is a funny one cause they cant really say anything to that. All my friends give each other hard times but at the end of the day we know its in good fun. One of buddies got a new f150 and first thing chevy buddy ask him is if it came with a new puppy as well, when the f150 owner ask why he told him it was so he would have someone to walk with him on his journey home and wouldnt get lonely.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:18 PM

In today's day & age, I don't care which of the BIG III you own, as long as it's American

Quick Reply: Ford Guys...........