General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Duramx story

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Duramx story

One of the guys I work with is in the Air Guard as a mechanic,(vehicle). At work the other night he was telling me about a 2008 GM high cube van, (small cargo van), with a D-max in it. He stated he drove it out to the flight line with supplies and crew personnel in it when it started to run away. I stated, "are you sure", He said no doubt. It was surging uncontrollably and would not shut off with the key. He tried everything to shut it down, but to no avail. he said it revved until it grenaded. The van only had 6k miles on it. They brought it to the dealer and were denied warranty because they use biofuel in them. He said it blew several injectors at the same time causing the run away. Normally I would be skeptical of someone telling me something like this, but I know this guy. He has been a diesel wrench as long as I have and is as honest as the day is long. Anyone else heard of this happening?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like he missed the ultimate smokey burnout in a van opportunity!!! Sorry, off topic a bit