General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Diesel in Unleaded Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Diesel in Unleaded Vehicles

Just had a story on the local news.
Gas stations unleaded tank was filled with diesel by tired(?) tanker driver on Christmas Eve.
(probably in a rush to get home to family)

They were open on Christmas and thankfully not very many people fueled up, but those who did ended up with stalled engines.

"There was smoke just pouring out of the tailpipe" one lady was quoted.
Another noticed "oily something coming out of exhaust"

No one found out what the problem was till the day after Christmas when the victims took their vehicles to their respective mechanics.
Tank has been pumped out and replaced with good ole unleaded.

The station owner is footing the bill for the affected vehicles.

Moral of story, sniff the nozzle whether you're pumping Diesel or gasoline.

phox
Old 01-01-2003, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Diesel in Unleaded Vehicles

But only stiff once :P
Old 01-01-2003, 08:00 PM
yz

Well a few months ago. the shop forklift would not work (long story and it is still not fixed) the owner of Shrouts Power Sports (Dennis Shrout) was good friends with a bobcat dealer so he was able to borrow one. Someone ran to get diesel and filled up the fuel cans with unleaded instead. I smelled the cans and could not tell if it was diese lor unleaded because it was used for diesel a day ago. So i went and asked the guy who filled them. He promised it was diesel. Filled the bobcat. It ran for a few mins. I shut it down and came back 10 mins. later and would not start. Turns out it was unleaded. i ended up draining it into the gas cans. Walked into the shop to get something. I return and Dennis Shrout (cheap) was filling the shop 4 wheeler with the diesel unleaded mix. I asked him what he was doing? He said he did not want it to go to waste and was goning to fill his sons gassers full of it. I informed his sons what there father was going to do and they about had a cow. To this day the shop 4 wheeler does smoke and runs really bad. So I always smell the diesel to make sure it is diesel.<br>Sorry so long. This story might help you understand the crazy place i work. -Anthony
Old 01-02-2003, 12:36 AM

well a few years ago we had a gas station here sell everybody contaminated gas lots of water dirt etc very nasty anyways all these people call the news staions complaining the owner of the station wouldnt cough up the cash to fix their cars well they moaned and groaned a little bit and finally he said he would fix their cars but only if they had a receipt to prove it was his gas that caused the problem well i dont know about yall but ive never got a receipt when i filled up my personal vehicle needless to say none of them got their repairs payed for by the gas station i think the news station ended up payin the bill
Old 01-02-2003, 01:30 PM

About a year ago a local BP had their diesel tank filled with farm fuel (dyed diesel) and didn't know it. It just so happened one of the customers came in and asked why the diesel looked red. That's when they figured it out and told everyone. They then had the tank pumped and refilled. Everyone who filled up that day had to go back and get a slip of paper telling what had happned so incase they ran in to any trouble they would have a viable explanation as to why their truck had dyed diesel in it.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AKA Bill Clinton sniff but don't inhale ;D ;D ;D<br>Bob