General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

December Truck Of the Month Winner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
December Truck Of the Month Winner!

Congratulations goes out to
TexasCTD
for winning a close battle for the title of

DTR Truck Of the Month
for the month of
December

We salute all the other nominees that showed their rigs doing what they do best.

Special THANKS to Tim Barber at TRE Diesel Performance for sponsoring the TOM Award plaques!

Sadly for me,,,, this will be the last time for me at posting the Truck Of the Month threads. A combination of my work schedule, no DTR internet time allotment in my new job assignment (that bites!) , still using dial-up at home here in the sticks and the fact that the members here deserve to have the TOM be a little more organized,,,,, ( not one of my better traits to start with,,, ).
It's been fun and I'm sure the TOM will continue to showcase the rigs that were the cause in starting a great forum like Diesel Truck Resource.
Y'all have a great Holiday season,
Dennis
Old 12-02-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats Robert!

MikeyB
Old 12-02-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congradulations, that is one nice cummins.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:41 PM

Congrats on the TOM award!

Good luck with the new job RATTLINRAM!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 PM

Congrats Robert. Way to represent us 04.5 guys with an awesome looking rig.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 PM

Congratulations - great looking rig!

I am 3 sleeps from getting into my '07 Mega Cab 2500 5.9. I am considering a 2" level kit and larger rims and was leaning toward the black look too - maybe a Teflon version from AR's line up. I like your rims - what are the specs on them and the rubber?
Old 12-03-2008, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
Sadly for me,,,, this will be the last time for me at posting the Truck Of the Month threads. A combination of my work schedule, no DTR internet time allotment in my new job assignment (that bites!) , still using dial-up at home here in the sticks and the fact that the members here deserve to have the TOM be a little more organized,,,,, ( not one of my better traits to start with,,, ).
It's been fun and I'm sure the TOM will continue to showcase the rigs that were the cause in starting a great forum like Diesel Truck Resource.
Y'all have a great Holiday season,
Dennis[/SIZE]

Dennis thanks so much for your work in the TOMs each month! Time is a big restraint for everybody so im sure we all understand. You still have to come around and continue to be a common face here! You too have a great Holiday Season.

Robert

Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by The Baron
Congratulations - great looking rig!

I am 3 sleeps from getting into my '07 Mega Cab 2500 5.9. I am considering a 2" level kit and larger rims and was leaning toward the black look too - maybe a Teflon version from AR's line up. I like your rims - what are the specs on them and the rubber?

My rims are stock 3rd gen alloys, sandblasted and powdercoated black. They turned out great, imo. The PC is holding up well.

The tires are BFG KM2 Mud terrains, 35'' size. They currently have about 28K miles on them......with well over half the tread life remaining. Should see 50K easy.....and then I will probably have to switch just because of the puny load rating. (3000lbs). May switch to Toyos...not sure yet.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:19 AM

Thanks for all the compliments gentlemen! I feel honored to be here with 24 entries in the race. I hope that some of the ideas I have put into my truck over the years have inspired a few others with their own trucks. I know I have got most of my ideas from others here on DTR and instilled them into my truck in one way or another!

I want to add........my truck was influenced (in my own mind) in ways they don't even know about by members CQuestad, RamWheelsby4, RowJ, BNold, RickD, Moterhead, Bobcat698 and many others!

And I owe a great deal of thanks to many members of North Texas DTR #8 for their assistance in wrenching on some of these very ideas and improvements/upgrades etc.

The black wheels, the powerwagon flares, Ranch hands, the debadging....and then later the rebadging with 2nd gen sport badges....the KM2s, the recon smoked cab lights, black headlights, LED rear taillights, Mike from Lazarsmith's traction bars, James Northum's DTT tranny, the list goes on and on! I am very proud of the truck and it is still a work in progress.

Someday.....I hope to add Twins, Flux's, F1 Cam, Springs, studs, PacBrake bags, onboard air, and Exhaust brake......and maybe Rickson 19.5'' wheels.

It's only taken me 103K miles to do what i've done! Maybe I can call it finished at around 200K.

Thanks again for the support and congrats! If I can be of any help to anybody with specs, ideas, info......please let me know!

Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 AM

congrats TexasCTD!! a well deserved win here!!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad you listened to all of my good ideas.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
I'm glad you listened to all of my good ideas.

Thanks El Presidente! You are the "wind beneath my wings".

Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
My rims are stock 3rd gen alloys, sandblasted and powdercoated black. They turned out great, imo. The PC is holding up well.
Never thought of that option! Thanks for the idea.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Baron
Never thought of that option! Thanks for the idea.

Good deal! Glad I could help. Here is a little closer pic of one of the wheels. I used to run them with the chrome center caps, but decided I guess a year ago or so I like them better just running open.

Quick Reply: December Truck Of the Month Winner!