General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Credit when due

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Credit when due

First off I may have posted this under the wrong catagory so please feel free to move it to its right spot also I dont want to start any flame wars or debates over whos best ect. I just want to put up a good word on one of the vendors some other members may consider using based on my personal experiences. I also realize there are many other GOOD venders in other parts that also go above and beond the call in the name of customer service and urge you all to put up any good experiences for the rest of us to see. Anyway
on to my story, last Mon I took my truck into PDR for the o-ring and stud job and made arrangements to pick it up on Wend but due to a HG supply problem the truck wasnt going to be ready in time for me to go back to work on Thurs morning so on Wend afternoon Piers had me picked up at the ferry brought to the shop and gave me the keys to his personal 04.5 600+HP truck so I could go to work and pick up mine Thurs night (Harry waited till 7pm that night for me) How freekin Cool is that!!!! He could have offered me the shop parts van and I would have been happy but his own truck? Anyway just wanted to say I wish all vendors I have to deal with were as good to me as the PDR team and I would recommend them to anyone.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to hear...

Sadly it is so rare today to hear of a shop or any other business going out of their way to make sure the customer is happy.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Banned

Well, I know who is going to do my head. That's awesome. It's rare to find someone willing to give you the keys to their brand new truck. Much less their 600+hp brand new truck. Kudos to Piers for not only building top notch stuff but also for having top notch service.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:49 AM

Wow!! Where is Piers located? Will be in NE wash soon and I hope they are close so I can do some business with them!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:01 AM

Even if you are not close enough to do business with them by being personally there, they have been wonderful over the phone when you need them. I have delt with them in the past over the phone and they have spent the time with me fixing my problems. Wonderful people up there. Kudos to all of them and their excellent team.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry St John
Wow!! Where is Piers located? Will be in NE wash soon and I hope they are close so I can do some business with them!

from piers site....

Canadian Address:
Piers Diesel Research, Inc.
Unit 103 - 18940 - 94th Avenue
Surrey, B.C. Canada V4N 4C5

- Follow I-5 North to exit 275, which will put you onto 543 North.
- Follow 543 North 1mi to the "Douglas border crossing" ( the truck crossing ).
- Once you cross the border stay on this road which is now called Hwy 15 North
- Follow Hwy 15 North aproximately 13mi to Barnston Drive.
- This is the first light after crossing Trans Canada 1.
- Turn right onto Barnston which will parallel TC-1 for 1mi and then become 96 Avenue.
- Follow 96th Ave .7mi to 189th street and turn right.
- Follow 189th as it curves towards the left and becomes 94th Avenue
- The first driveway after the road becomes 94 Avenue is our driveway ( almost immediate ).
- You will see ADP distributors, NW Fuel Injection, and we are at the back of that building.