Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

CMT Trick My Truck Dodge Pick-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
It looks like someone from "Pimp My Ride" infiltrated the "Trick My Truck" build team.
That truck sure is pretty..................pretty much useless.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by curts99
id rather have it the way it was before then the way it is now
same here. it would be nice to have it fixed up a little but they way they did it is too much.

what the heck does a farm truck need an amp and sub woofers for? they should have left the stock lights on rather than those ugly things.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 PM

And 20lbs of boost!!! LOL
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 PM

the first part they messed up was the lift. the guy pulls a gooseneck. now his trailer angle is gonna be all outta whack cause the ball is too high. i dont even think it will fit under the gooseneck now.

i would have preferred to just trade them for the silver dually.

i started to watch it when it came on again at 10 pm. after seeing the pics of the truck after they were done it was too ridiculous to finish watching.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They took his nerf bars off too. I guess it's a good thing he's about 7' tall. It's a pretty "show" truck but I would be afraid to take it anywhere near a Wal Mart parking lot much less a farm.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:39 PM

I've said this a million times to different people about these fixup shows... if I had the chance to have my truck 'fixed', I'd turn it down in a heartbeat. Pimp My Ride, Overhaulin' and now Trick My Truck...

Any of our Missouri faithful see this truck on the road or the sale barn??

I bet he loves his fuel mileage with that giant rubber....

You think they would've at least installed a pusher pump and probably could've gotten a FASS or Airdog donated... both are Missouri based businesses... and how about a fuel pressure gauge???

He did get a nice auxiliary tank and bedliner... but... wouldn't it have been real sweet if they would've sprung for a B&W??? Just a hop and a skip from Missouri too...

With all that said, I'm sure he is quite pleased with his upgrade... just not my cup of tea.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 PM

i wouldnt be caught dead in that thing.i kinda feel bad for the guy
Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 PM

poor guy, maybe he can sell it now thats its been featured on the show and buy a nice new chassis cab truck with a flatbed etc...?

if he truely uses that truck for work...why would you do all that? just to have it destroyed and abused? subs in a farm truck?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:35 PM

Paint is all right but everything else

If they offered to do that to my truck, I would let them, then sell it for mega $$$ saying Trick My Truck did this, then buy myself a dozen or so for myself. What a waste of a good FARM !!! truck!

Jon
Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 PM

Yep, I'd sell that sucker off quick and get a good used 05/06 ctd.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:04 PM

liked the tires they will last at least 120k the interior couldnt stand lift heck its a pain to hook up the trailer with stock height, paint was ok, the buckets in the rear seats couldnt see any way any one but maybe a midget could sit back there
Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a worthless pile of crap I would be so angry if some one did that too my truck. I would not be caught going across the auction yard scales with that thing likely if he has a older stock trailer his bed will be rendered useless the interior has no point at all just flat stupid stupid that truck was better off before it got touched
Old 08-10-2007, 11:31 PM

Guys Guys Guys at least the first pick up they did was a Dodge and not a Ferd, There is a bright side to this, but I do agree it is a waste of a good farm truck
Old 08-10-2007, 11:35 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets not forget the lack of gages or the lack of mud flaps or the lack of reason for the center console or the reason behind the mirror with the temp and the over head with the temp and what happen too the bed all that work and dents in the fenders and a second grade welding class job at filling in the plate for the old goose whole.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:39 PM
DTR question asker

Wow I was just gonna post about this but looks like you guys beat me to it by a long shot... lol.

In my opinion the truck looked better before than after:

The stupid console thing that was 12' long and about 4' high was COMPLETELY pointless, can you imagine trying to shift the gears in that thing? You'd have to hold your arm level when putting in in 6th.

And how are you supposed to look at the pyro and boost gauges when they are facing straight up with a gigantic console 2" in front of them?!

I can't imagine trying to tow super heavy with those semi tires in there, don't care how much power that banks stuff makes at its incredible 20 lbs. of boost (LOL), anything gained was just lost by putting those huge tires on there.

Why paint a work truck up like that. Its gonna get covered in mud, scratched up, got in with muddy boots on, etc. etc.

In my opinion what they should have done would be to get him some REAL performance parts, get him some nice (but normal sized) wheels and tires, got a bigger exhaust (skipped the banks stuff all together), got the inside of the truck covered with line-x so you can just hose it out, put the gauges in a place where you could see them, maybe repainted it in a nice, but MUCH more plain color, and c'mon they didn't even put some mud flaps on the thing, etc. etc.

I did like the tool box, line-x bed liner, and umm yeah thats about it lol.

Quick Reply: CMT Trick My Truck Dodge Pick-up