General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Bombing a Kubota?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 08:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Bombing a Kubota?

Below is a pic of my new toy. That darn thing doesn't smoke AT ALL! I will be needing some soot coming out of thing thing pretty quick. Anyone know how to bomb it?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-14-2004, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah put a cummins in it chris
Old 06-14-2004, 08:43 PM

put nitrous on it
Old 06-14-2004, 11:32 PM

Propane!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Banned

Rip whatever muffler there is on it off. My Deere makes a little smoke on start up and if I really bog it down. Otherwise it's smoke free. I'm thinking bout moving the exhaust back so I can hear the radio I put in it a little better.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:10 AM

No, my truck does not use drugs, neither will my tractor.
I run a drug-free homestead.

Chris
Old 06-15-2004, 10:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Most tractor engines already are tuned for maximum efficiency, hard to improve on them. If you do jack the hp you risk drivetrain damage, they are engineered as one unit.

This isn't like a Dodge CTD that is detuned to pass smog laws.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:48 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Originally posted by Stamey
No, my truck does not use drugs, neither will my tractor.
I run a drug-free homestead.
Check the injection pump, Chris. Most of the small tractors are still using the small Bosch mechanical rotary pump, and you might be able to spark a couple more ponies out of it. Be careful though, as there isn't as much room to play on a tractor as there is on a Dodge truck. Figure on 5% as a safety margin, although we've got some Perkins engines running an extra 20 ponies (15% over) with no long term issues.

I want pictures of when you blow away your first John Deere

Rod
Old 06-15-2004, 05:45 PM

When you get er smokin' good, you can put you a triple gauge pod on!!HaHa!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 05:45 PM

Just got a new Massey Ferguson 1455 at work this spring. Has a big naturally aspirated 4 cylinder Izeki diesel that puts out 55HP. It has a fully syncronized 16 speed trans with a power shuttle. We wanted a standard trans instead of a hydro because we needed to keep a very constant speed when operating a large three point aerator. We also ordered it with the joystick controlled loader and rear weight kit.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah... you guys wont stand a chance against this fellow:

(See below)
|
|
|
V
Old 06-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You can just feel the power!

Old 06-15-2004, 07:29 PM

jlipskoc,
Already found that site. I was asking there about tranny choices to get feedback before I made my choice. Thanks anyway though.

Those guys that pull with those small tractors are amazing. It's a niche thing, but impressive to see them pull for what they are (were?).

amartinson,
I didn't know they still made MF tractors. I still see them now and then, but usually they look older. Somehow I got the impression MF was consumed by some other tractor company or went out of business. Perhaps they are popular in other areas of the country.
How do you like your back hoe? I'm starting to think mine's too small already, but them my first job was to dig up a pretty big stump. I ended up digging down about 3 feet and beaking some off the top, then covering it back up with the stump about 6" under ground. That will be OK, but I need more practice.

Hey site admins,
Perhaps a diesel tractor forum would be a good idea.

Chris
Old 06-15-2004, 08:51 PM

Dieseldaze- That's an old 60's Cub Cadet! A buddy has a thing for old Cubs and he has already fully restored 1 and is working on another. He has like 6 or 7 of them right now. He pulled with the exact same one in that picture. He dumped the clutch a little too hard and it dumped him right on his rear end He was talking up about how the mighty Cub is going to clean out the competition I think I'll have to enter this year with the company John Deere 425. The 4 wheel steering will let me crab walk down the track
Old 06-16-2004, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by Stamey
amartinson,
I didn't know they still made MF tractors. I still see them now and then, but usually they look older. Somehow I got the impression MF was consumed by some other tractor company or went out of business. Perhaps they are popular in other areas of the country.
Of course they still make Massey Tractors, and until the Case-IH/New Holland Merger, they were the most popular tractor in the WORLD for 37 years running!!. They were swallowed up by AGCO (Allis Gleaner COmpany, as in Allis Chalmers-Gleaner Combines,) in about 1994, and have been marketed Worldwide by AGCO since then.

In this part of the world, North America, They are pretty common West of the Mississippi, and really common in the Washington-California-Oregon Region, and as well as in Canada, or so the company tells us.

amartinson,
Good choice by the way, very tough little units. We have been a MF dealer since AGCO bought them, and have had excellent luck with the MF brand, especially their compacts. That 1455 is a new model, unveiled in July/August of 03, but is based on the smaller tractors in the line-up. You should be very pleased with it, but as with anything, it's the dealer that counts. That is the only thing that has kept us in business, our service reputation, and how we treat our customers.

Chris

Quick Reply: Bombing a Kubota?