General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

The best news from DODGE CTD!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up The best news from DODGE CTD!!!!!

Well i'm a german speaking guy, born in mexico, and have always lived here... and this week, i saw the first new Dodge Cummins, standing in a new car Dodge dealer. Why didnt i see any before??? cuz they didnt sell them here in mexico, until now, the 2006's !

That has been a hard time, not being able to buy those awsome trucks, made in mexico, We had to import them back in

Anyway, we had to have some CTD's and have some 1st and some 2nd gens on our farm now. (one with twins
they have the initial number of the serial number a 3, which means made in mexico!)

well i am glad that happened now, hope to buy an used one soon, once they are cheaper... (megacab??)

the best thing is, that dodge is the first one in selling 3/4 ton truck, DIESEL!

Chevy has no diesels at all, and ford has only strokers, in the F-450 and higher!

My brother said, its unbelievable going to a dealer in mexico, looking at a DIESEL!!

i couldnt believe the News! had to share it!

this is not a 4x4, they are not in yet. that BIG C on the fender is impressive around here!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Didn't know they didn't sell diesel pickups in Mexico.
How come? Is diesel fuel scarce down there?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:30 PM

Why haven't they sold them in Mexico when they are made there? Oh well, I'm sure Dodge has some reason(s) for doing that.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by roadranger
How come? Is diesel fuel scarce down there?
what do you mean with that??

Diesel Fuel here is good, nothing to complain!!! It's cheaper then gas and cheaper then in usa!

buses and semi trucks, and tractors come with diesels of course, now finally pick-up trucks 2!

Dodge must have had theyre reason! they have a cool comercial on the radio for the dodge diesels!
Old 12-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve
what do you mean with that??

Diesel Fuel here is good, nothing to complain!!! It's cheaper then gas and cheaper then in usa!

buses and semi trucks, and tractors come with diesels of course, now finally pick-up trucks 2!

Dodge must have had theyre reason! they have a cool comercial on the radio for the dodge diesels!
Well, you mentioned that neither Dodge, Chevy or Ford sold diesel pickups down there. Busses and semi's can usually fuel at their home terminal. Just thought there wasn't a general availability of diesel at service station pumps...
No offense meant.

Back in the 1970's in New England, there wasn't a diesel fuel pump within 7 towns around my home. They didn't sell diesel pickups back then, either.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:16 PM

I don't think it really matters, ALL of the non-commercial diesel trucks in Mexico are stolen from the U.S. anyways.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Strange, they moved the Cummins emblem from the nose to the rear portion of the fender.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Strange, they moved the Cummins emblem from the nose to the rear portion of the fender.
All the 06's are like that
Old 12-29-2005, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by mkinla
I don't think it really matters, ALL of the non-commercial diesel trucks in Mexico are stolen from the U.S. anyways.

Hmm, you can look through my posts and see how much that whole racket has cost me personally this year and my opinion on it. However, I don't think this thread needs to turn into that topic.

Randy
Old 12-29-2005, 09:27 PM
JKM

I think everyone has overlooked something here

DUDE , your driving a chevy!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MOAGGIE
Why haven't they sold them in Mexico when they are made there? Oh well, I'm sure Dodge has some reason(s) for doing that.
From my understanding

legalizing an american diesel pickup truck in mexico is downright impossible, if not illegal to do so, They will not legalize a diesel from US to go into Mexico, i dont know as towards the reason i Live five minutes from mexican border to nuevo laredo, so i do walk across to mexico every so often, and there are some diesels there, all of their semis and their busses are mexican and legalized, yet i dont understand why no pickups.

Tx
Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 PM

i know at honda they pull all of the old welding jigs and stamping dies at the end of the model year and send them to mexico. so when they started building the 2006 civic here as a new model the 2005 civic was the new model down in mexico. they also don't have the robots like we do up here, they are all welded by hand. we build 900 cars a day here and they build like 200 a day
Old 12-30-2005, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
From my understanding

legalizing an american diesel pickup truck in mexico is downright impossible, if not illegal to do so, They will not legalize a diesel from US to go into Mexico, i dont know as towards the reason i Live five minutes from mexican border to nuevo laredo, so i do walk across to mexico every so often, and there are some diesels there, all of their semis and their busses are mexican and legalized, yet i dont understand why no pickups.

Tx
Can you point me towards a site that says so. Every Pemex I saw in Guanajuato state sold diesel. I'm thinking about taking my Cummins down there next time I go. I'm actually thinking about moving down there and continuing to work up here in the US. That's the dream anyway.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel

they had to move the big C cause of those big fugly headlights
Old 12-30-2005, 08:15 AM

now maybe you could go to Mexico & buy a new CTD for about 370,000,000 paceos, that's about $10K ain't it???????????????????????

Quick Reply: The best news from DODGE CTD!!!!!