General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

air compressor 6bt belt drive or gear drive

Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air compressor 6bt belt drive or gear drive

hi am looking into getting a air compressor for my truck that will run off of the engine with a clutch drive preferable but will look at a consant drive also my truck is a custom built 6x6 full air ride and my trailer is full air ride also so i have a totla of 10 air bags that need air i will be air ing them up and down allmost evertime i go to load the trailer to get a lower load height and then i will have to air back up to run down the highway so i need ALOT of air plus i have air hors on the truck and air ride seats and i would like to be able to have air for flats and tools i know the air pumps on the industrial engines are not real good at keeping up with air tools as the big semi wrecker i run has air brakes but it will not run a impact very well i have to weight for the pump to catch up that is a direct drive pump runs all the time i have heard about a belt drive pump that wil mount to the side of the 6bt and it a clutch style like a ac pump and it is suposed to be a high cfm and pressure pump so it should be able to run air tools llike impact and cut off wheel that use 90cfm min i dont have a problem with putting on air tanks to hold air i just need a good reliable pump to keep them in air the trailer will have two 5lb tanks for the 4 bags and the truck will probually have the same plus another tank for the tool supply any info part # pics links would be great

JC
Old 04-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is provision below the fuel pump to mount a gear driven compressor, hydraulic pump, anything. dont have a book at home, shoot me a pm as a reminder, and i'll look up the P/N at work in the morning.