Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Oregon & Biodiesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oregon & Biodiesel

Salem plant expanding biodiesel production

05:00 PM PST on Friday, November 21, 2008

By TERESA YUAN, NWCN Staff

SALEM, Ore. -- Oregon could see another boom in biodiesel. One plant in Salem is expanding production in a big way. General manager, Tyson Keever, showed off the new expansion at SeQuential Pacific Biodiesel in Salem. The expansion meant this Salem plant, which got much it's cooking oil from fast food joints, could now process five times more biodiesel, 5 million gallons a year -- a significant number for Oregon. "The legislature said as soon as there's a company or statewide production to produce 5 million gallons of biodiesel a year that 2% percent of all of diesel consumed in the state has to have biodiesel in it," said Keever But Keever admitted biodiesel is limited in it's capacity. "In Oregon we don't have a lot of oil crop seeds that are grown. We're working with farmers to get oil seeds, camolina and canola in rotation to get more oil seeds," said Keever. Keever said the biodiesel market was pushing Oregon in the forefront of renewable fuels and reducing pollution. Plus, set off a ripple effect in the Pacific Northwest. "From delivery mechanisms like stations to incentives for production facilities to new jobs...the crushers up stream there's a whole industry that's developing around renewable fuels," said Keever. Keever expected biodiesel blended with diesel could hit local pumps as soon as next year
Old 12-02-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boring, Oregon, wow its been a few years since I drove through that town.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biodiesel Mandate

What will the mandate cost us per gallon? At present "Biodiesel" sells for $3.49 per gallon in Portland. I don't know what the percentage is. I just bought dino diesel at $2.40 per gallon. Are we going to have to pay $1.50 plus to get biodiesel? What is the state legisilature thinking? Looks like a big ripoff to me.

Joe