Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

holey crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HOHN
Can you tell me which high school you went to?
I would like to know that too.....looks like the Riggins Salmon River area...
Old 03-23-2008, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by farmer0_1
every time we buy from a china or india we put more money in there pockets to bid higher on all commodities try buying cement or anything steel. i agree one less trip to town or a lite foot on the throttle would help. i believe if we could save 5 % in this country fuel prices would fall hard.
No, the prices would not fall hard, the refineries just cut production (like they are doing this week due to falling demand), so the prices stay high. The barrel price has come down a little this past week, but the prices will still remain high and go higher since the refineries will just cut back on production.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by FATCAT
No, the prices would not fall hard, the refineries just cut production (like they are doing this week due to falling demand), so the prices stay high. The barrel price has come down a little this past week, but the prices will still remain high and go higher since the refineries will just cut back on production.
BINGO! on tues-wed, there was the biggest one day drop in the price of a barrell of oil since 1991, and it continued to fall all week, but the national average of pump prices continued to rise. i think now that the oil companies know that they can control the supply side, by refining only enough to keep up with demand, but not too much to allow the price to keep from rising, we will never be paying true 'market price' for fuel, unless more companies are allowed to compete for our business.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:42 PM
cp

Originally Posted by chipmonk
BINGO! on tues-wed, there was the biggest one day drop in the price of a barrell of oil since 1991, and it continued to fall all week, but the national average of pump prices continued to rise. i think now that the oil companies know that they can control the supply side, by refining only enough to keep up with demand, but not too much to allow the price to keep from rising, we will never be paying true 'market price' for fuel, unless more companies are allowed to compete for our business.
Yep, they are oh-so willing to "let the market decide" how high prices will rise while doing their utmost to keep any additional supplies from reaching the market.

Look at how many closed refineries there are around the country. Some, such as the one at Arkansas City, KS were bought and closed for the express reason of keeping them off the market. The employees of that facility tried to buy it and reopen it but were told 'no sale.' It's worth more to the big oil companies to buy it and keep it closed.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah the problem in this case is monopolies restricting competition that would benefit consumers.
even worse, the same entities that are controlling supply via closing refineries and pipelines are also likely controlling supply and speculation by influencing the foreign policy in the middle east.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:13 PM

It is what it is - go scrapping.

I hate it as much as all of you and I feel your pain.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kawi600
yeah the problem in this case is monopolies restricting competition that would benefit consumers.
even worse, the same entities that are controlling supply via closing refineries and pipelines are also likely controlling supply and speculation by influencing the foreign policy in the middle east.
We brought this on ourselves by not protecting the small oil companies that all went bust when oil was near $10/bbl in the mid-80s.

Everyone was more than happy to see gas drop under $1. Now we're reaping that, as the strong companies got stronger, and the weak disappeared.

I'm not saying that we should have found away to keep those companies alive,per se. My point is that people want to have it both ways-- they love the low prices that extinguished all the independents, then complain about "record profits" at the high prices.

jmo
Old 03-24-2008, 12:48 PM

There is nothing we can do about it besides pay. We are stuck with the cards were dealt. If you can't afford the fuel then buy a gasser.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by 91rangerturbo
There is nothing we can do about it besides pay. We are stuck with the cards were dealt. If you can't afford the fuel then buy a gasser.
That's it.....Nothing like turning the other cheek over an over, maybe they will get tired of slapping you an quit.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:49 PM

WE americans always bend over and take it. We dont get together and do something about it.We just keep on paying what ever they ask,we just keep on crying to the pump.And big oil keeps on laughing to the bank.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:43 AM

The thing that really chaps my @$$ is that with all of this inflation and rise in price of fuel, there comes a rise in the prices of corn, grains, etc. But my dad is still getting the same price for livestock that he was almost ten years ago. This is really gonna screw Americas agricultural industries. if this keeps up we are gonna be paying over $5.oo a pound for ground beef and over $20.00 a lbs for a steak and thats just in a grocery store( I dont even want to think of what it will cost to eat it at a steak house). Meanwhile the livestock producers are going broke because they cant afford to feed their sheep. Vaselene is fixing to be worth alot because nobody likes to take it dry!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by devilsriverlamb
Vaselene is fixing to be worth alot because nobody likes to take it dry!!!!!!
LOL how true.