E85 as Meth/Water substitute - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

E85 as Meth/Water substitute

Reply

 
 
 
Old 06-22-2018, 02:38 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E85 as Meth/Water substitute

I'm planning on adding meth/water injection to my truck but finding methanol where I live is very hard. E85 is actually easy to find and can be as low as $2.00 a gallon where as 1 gallon of methanol is $28 + shipping (hazmat) which works out to $12/gallon when mixed. ClearIy I would need to dilute the E85 with water to get to to 50/50 or near that.

I know ethanol is not methanol but I'm wondering if they are close enough to use as a substitute.
aernan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:09 PM
  #2  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok I looked into it further. E85 is 50-85% ethanal. (that's what we want) but the remaining 15% is gasoline. So that is not what we want at all. It is possible to burn a certain ratio of gasoline in diesel but I don't know the ratio right now.
aernan is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
stickman73
HELP!
14
12-04-2017 09:55 AM
.boB
Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices
3
06-22-2012 01:47 PM
Spooler
Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices
48
12-02-2008 04:28 PM
Lightman
Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices
0
01-13-2008 02:35 PM
12PACK
Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices
2
01-18-2006 02:28 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E85 as Meth/Water substitute


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.