Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

BioWillie Now In CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BioWillie Now In CA

"Willie Nelson wants you to fill up with his own brand of clean-burning renewable diesel fuel. The eco-friendly crooner officially unveiled BioWillie this week in hopes of attracting environmentally conscious consumers who want to help break what President Bush calls our "addiction to oil."

"In its purest form, BioWillie sells for around a $1 a gallon more than regular diesel, but will also be available in a cheaper blend called B20, which is 80 percent petroleum and 20 percent biodiesel made from soybean oil."

"According to the U.S. Department of Energy, biodiesel is the fastest growing alternative fuel with sales tripling in just the last year to 75 million gallons. That's still less than 1 percent of the diesel sold nationwide. "

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18336,00.html
Old 02-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
For instance, producing any serious quantity of plant-based fuel would require more farmland and compete with other crops, potentially driving up food prices.
This isn't true.
The vast majority of soy grown is for cattle feed, cows can't digest soy oil, it has to be removed. Up until the advent of biodiesel soy oil was a pretty much worthless to the farmer commodity, you can only make so much mayonnaise before the market is flooded. For this reason plant breeders have strived to develop soybeans with less oil, now they'll have to go back the other way.
Just like cows, soy oil isn't all that great for humans either. Perhaps the oil being diverted to fuel will cause the food manufacturers to start using oils that don't clog up your arteries instead and health insurance premiums will drop.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:34 PM

BioWille Refinery

"(April 1, 2006)---Willie Nelson heads to Carl’s Corner Truck Stop north of Hillsboro Saturday for a news conference and groundbreaking for a new bio-diesel refinery, Pacific BioDiesel Texas.

The refinery will be built on a two-acre parcel adjacent to the truck stop, which will be the main distributor of the bio-diesel fuel produced by the facility.

The refinery is a venture between Nelson and Pacific BioDiesel, Inc. of Hawaii.

It will process various feedstocks into renewable fuel for diesel engines."

That's the entire article.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/2559636.html
Old 04-02-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 1,038 Likes on 763 Posts
I think the only reason Bio costs more is because it's hard to find and there are relatively few refineries producing it. Once dino diesel gets up to $3.00 and over you'll begin to see more bio being produced. Eventually it will be cheaper to use bio than dino.

I'm not a tree-hugger but I do know that the worldwide supply of fossil fuels is finite. Crude oil production has passed it's peak and is in decline. The oil wars now going on are just the beginning. Renewable energy in the form of bio-diesel is an almost perfect replacement for dino-diesel. It's renewable, it produces no net CO2 (not that I put any stock in global warming or that CO2 is making it worse) and is non-toxic and non-polluting to grow and convert. The engine emissions are less also.

I'm sure there will be or already are additives to alleviate the higher gel point also.

Edwin
Old 04-02-2006, 11:23 PM

I seen Willie perform last summer and he was great. I was amazed at how well the music sounded for a 72 year old guy with so many decades of whisky women and "natural herbs". I hope that the Bio-Willie name makes it that would be cool. I will switch to bio-willie when it gets to my area.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:42 PM

A fuel station near me just started selling "Bio Willie". I filled my tank with about half b20 and #2. The truck seems quiter but have not noticed anything different.

It seems to be about.12 more to run Bio Willie than #2.

We will see if it's better. Rather pay the farmers than the middle east.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:13 PM

B20 here not "Willie's" is 12 cents a gallon cheaper than dino because of the tax break
Old 04-05-2006, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by megajoltman
B20 here not "Willie's" is 12 cents a gallon cheaper than dino because of the tax break
How's diesel taxed in Canada? Is there a province tax added to a national tax like our state + federal tax? What's the break they give you for bio? National tax is $.12 more for non-bio, for instance?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:30 AM

Thumbs up

Bio-Willie B-20 has recently been offered close to me at a Loves Truck Stop (Anna TX). I'm on my sixth tank of it now and have not noticed any mileage loss or loss of power what so ever. I was using additives with the regular #2 diesel, but have not since the start of the use of B20. It's suspose to be about twice the lubriticity of reg #2 so I see no need in the added additive.Saves some coin there on having to purchase additive.

We (three adults one pooch) took a trip here a couple weeks ago to South Texas to visit my daughter, first filling up with the Bio-Willie B20, it was a pretty strong head wind going down 20 to 30 mph, and I was running between 65 to 70 mph with some passing burst of 75 to 80 mph at times, about 70 miles of the trip was two lane road through small towns and some city driving when I arrived at my destination. The whole trip figured 514.9 miles and re-filling at the same pump at Loves my hand-calculated mileage was 19.3. So I was pretty happy with the B-20 on mileage considering the conditions, a 1 ton 4x4 auto truck pushing that wind also the extra lube of the bio is a bonus to me for the pump. The price where I'm buying it is about the same as reg #2 diesel. I hope it gets to be more readily available for all and then maybe it will come down in price.

Tony