Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

$.20-.30 cent Jump overnight.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gas is $2.999 tonite and diesel at the same place is $2.709. I dont expect it to come down much at all ever. Even after the refinerys are up and running they will claim they have to replenish the reservs and tanks that where drained durring the down time. I wish someone would hurry up and build some more refineries. We dont need more crude just refining cappacity. If they hurry up and start on a new refinery today we may see some relief in abought 5-10 years.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only $3.35 a gallon today, but told by the owner that prices are going up 40-60 cents in the next 24 hours.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:36 PM

Next door to where I live gas is $2.99 and the owner said its due to go up in the morning, and she said she was warned that it could be $4 by the weekend. OUCH!!!

Jim
Old 08-31-2005, 10:08 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

FOX news is reporting $6 in Atlanta, $4+ elsewhere.

Louisanna threated to get tough on anyone gouging, so they are gounging everyone else at the same time.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:29 PM
Banned

I was listening to talk radio this morn. A guy called in and said, in the time it took him to get a burger at the gas station, the price for fuel went up .14 He was ticked he didnt fill up before he got food...
Old 08-31-2005, 11:18 PM

This is not a WHOA IS ME post. I can afford to fuel my vehicles even at higher prices then the current ones but lets call a snake a snake. Lets not hide behind things like, "if you can't afford to drive a big truck then sell it and buy a Honda Civic". My post is not about that.

I'm sure there are alot of hard working people in the oil industry and on this board as well. I have nothing against you guys that are trying to make a living and protect your livelyhood by defending the oil industry but plain and simply put, we are getting SCREWED royally right now. I might be proven wrong soon enough, but I don't believe there is any kind of fuel shortage or capacity shortage in this country at all. Certainly not anything that could justify the price increases overnite across the whole country. We'll continue to see record profits from all the oil companies and I'd bet that this quarter will be their most profitable ever, by taking advantage of a bad situation. I'm not saying that anyone wants to see people lose their lives or everything they ownl, but I can guarantee that gas station owners all over the country and oil company executives and stock holders are loving every minute of this. If prices went up $.30 overnight, I can also say that the station owners are getting a nice cut of that as well. Why not? Who really knows!

I really don't have a huge problem paying $3.00 per gallon of fuel but the way they have jacked up the prices so much in such a short period of time can cripple the entire economy in 6 months. If it goes up to 5 or 6 bucks a gallon soon were in big trouble. We could see 25% inflation in the next 6-12 months. Do you think everyones pay can increase at the same pace? We are in for a giant crash if the rest of the Government doe not step in and stop Bush and his oil insdustry pals.

These are just my opinions and I'm no expert at anything so I sure hope I'm way off base on this.

May God bless everyone affected by this terrible tragedy in the gulf states!!!

Oh and one last thing. Wouldn't it be nice if we had the $300,000,000,000 we spent in Iraq to help Americans in America!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:26 AM

I know of several people in various trucking industries. Most have pacts that they will be parking their trucks when diesel reaches $3/gallon. These include dump trucks, heavy equipment, and tractor-trailers. The problem is that the increased fuel prices are killing them, but the companies they work for aren't at the point where they will pay extra to compensate for the extra expenses. It will take from several weeks to several months before companys will start shelling out the extra pay to cover higher fuel prices.

A good friend of mine runs a tri-axle dump truck. Going rate is $53/hr. for truck and driver. After all of his expenses- maintenance, fees and licenses, taxes, and fuel- he doesn't exactly make a killing. Since he started running that truck a few years ago, fuel has doubled, but his pay has only gone up a couple dollars an hour.

When all the truckers are forced to start parking their trucks, thats when everyone will be hit, and hit hard. Combine the shortages from the hurricane with higher trucking costs, and every expense we all have will go up. We already saw our electric bill go up by 25% last week.

Jim
Old 09-01-2005, 12:38 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally posted by PistolWhipt
I am seeing a few people filling up multiple gas cans for reserve before the prices jump again.

The Amish folks just clip-clop right by the gas stations .... . Hmmmm, I wonder where you could stick a Cummins sticker on a horse-drawn buggy ??!!

PISTOL
Why on the tail of course.....I have trained some horses for the Adjutant General's dad, so I know he rides, he might give me permission to set up a pen... if so i would seriuosly consider riding to work.....in the dark along the highway.... what the heck, the hospital might charge less than the filling stations.....
On the way to work tonight, I stopped at the local Casey's and the gal said they had raised the price 30 cents this morning and it was going up another 10 tonight...
Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Topped off both tanks at $2.45 tonight for a total of $143.00. Everywhere else was already $2.59 and higher. I'll give those folks credit. They kept the price where it was when they got the load and sold until the tanks were empty. When I was there, they were already out of unleaded but had sold out at a price $0.30 LESS than the nearest large town and $0.10 less than the competition across the street and they told me that they were just about out of diesel. Still had some premium left but still had several more hours to go.

Locally, diesel is $2.66 and unleaded is 2.89.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
If there really is a shortage of oil, then how much is being used to power the steam plants to make our electricity?
All of that could be used for other purposes if we were using nuclear energy for our power generation.
What ever happened to that idea?
Old 09-01-2005, 06:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Jim Lane
If there really is a shortage of oil, then how much is being used to power the steam plants to make our electricity?
All of that could be used for other purposes if we were using nuclear energy for our power generation.
What ever happened to that idea?
You live in Kalifornia and wonder what happened to nuclear engergy? Why there are not more refineries? Not drilling for oil in Anwar?

Most mainline power plants are coal fired.

This will just take some time and adjustment to get over. We'll make it. Until then slow down, airup your tires, plan and consolidate your trips.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Chapter President

So much for the poor little ole' dealers. The price difference between one dealer to the next shows that some are definately gouging.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:40 AM

We fueled up yesterday. Mr. Flash got his on the way to work and it was 2.49. I went two hours later and it was 2.69 at the same station.

Should have got outa the jammies sooner.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Station just up the street from my house, a Chevron, if that matters.

Sunday, 8-28 Noon, $2.75 for Diesel.

Sunday, 8-28 11pm, $2.89 for Diesel.

Wednesday 8-31 11pm, $3.05 for Diesel.

Will update as I drive by around Noon today.

phox
Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Local station yesterday @ 3:30pm Diesel $2.61 gal
Local Station today @ 3:00pm Diesel $3.09 gal
I'm glad I still have almost a full tank & 15 gallons of fuel in the garage I paid $2.34 gal for two weeks ago.
But,..... I have to get 5 gallons of Premium Unleaded for the bike tonight.
I wonder if they'll let me strech the payments over 12 months.

I'm sure there's a lot of folks who now have the retail worth of their vehicle more than double if it has a full tank of gas in it.

Quick Reply: $.20-.30 cent Jump overnight.........