Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Why pulls from other places aren't posted here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why pulls from other places aren't posted here?

Just wondered why no other groups or areas of the country are posting their pulls on here. Seems like most of the problems with getting people to the pulls is lack of information. Some of us here in MO are making it a point to find out where they are and when. More people are showing up each week and more people are asking about the pulls also.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tree DR
Just wondered why no other groups or areas of the country are posting their pulls on here. Seems like most of the problems with getting people to the pulls is lack of information. Some of us here in MO are making it a point to find out where they are and when. More people are showing up each week and more people are asking about the pulls also.
Because I don't know where they are?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Chapter President

I'm not talking about MO

Originally Posted by satburn
Because I don't know where they are?
Not talking about our local area. Sat.
How about PA or IA or KY or FL or ID or IN or all those other states west of the Rockies
Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Banned

For Florida we have some listed at:
www.southfloridatruckpulls.com
www.floridadieseltruckclub.com
and soon we will be holding bigger pulls when the track is completed at www.desotosuperspeedway.com in Bradenton. That is on the gulf coast just south of Tampa off I-75. First pull there may be as soon as December 15th.

We take our break during the summer (June,July) and would love for you all to come down here during the winter pulls.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Chapter President

Are you just listing the pulls with your national chapter thread?

Originally Posted by MoPower05
For Florida we have some listed at:
www.southfloridatruckpulls.com
www.floridadieseltruckclub.com
and soon we will be holding bigger pulls when the track is completed at www.desotosuperspeedway.com in Bradenton. That is on the gulf coast just south of Tampa off I-75. First pull there may be as soon as December 15th.

We take our break during the summer (June,July) and would love for you all to come down here during the winter pulls.
Just wondered if you are posting with your national chapter thead? If you are lots of people aren't involved with the national chapters won't see the pull events. Like I/We are trying to do with the MO pulls get more trucks involved and that makes it more fun for all of us.
Also some of us like to move around so I would be nice to see the pull dates in different locations.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:02 PM

because this whole forum is crap and no one uses it any more. for one they will edit everything . so they just go to the others. heck they probobly edit crap
Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Chapter President

Yes a few are edited and some even weeded out. Guess you were/are one of the weeds.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phdwhitetruck
because this whole forum is crap and no one uses it any more. for one they will edit everything . so they just go to the others. heck they probobly edit crap
Monthly Statistics for September 2007

Total Hits 28063905
Total Files 15382296
Total Pages 4925824
Total Visits 303177
Total KBytes 148318810
Old 09-19-2007, 01:14 PM

That's all.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Muted User

I can't speak for others but to me it's not worth it. Most of the die hard pullers either know the pull schedule already or are on other sites where the rules aren't as strict and allow a little competition banter which usually takes place on the thread about the pull (usually after the pull has taken place). I hardly ever post results, or videos because of the editing. You can't link ANYTHING that doesn't fit with the rules of this site. And I don't mean obviously offensive content, but sites like youtube.com where alot of people put their pull videos. Sure there is stuff on those video hosting sites that could be labled "offensive" but I doubt there are many 8yr olds crusing the diesel forums. And IMO if just the thought of a 4 letter curse word in a video you saw, that was linked to another video, that was linked to the posted video, makes your head explode then maybe you shouldn't have the internet. I understand this site is free and you get what you pay for, but from what I've seen if you want info on changing your oil come here, if you want info on competitions shop elsewhere.

There are webpages with pull schedules but they're also online stores and since they don't advertise here I can't link them. (and I don't like you well enough to re-type them all)
Old 09-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by satburn
Monthly Statistics for September 2007

Total Hits 28063905
Total Files 15382296
Total Pages 4925824
Total Visits 303177
Total KBytes 148318810
This doesn't tell very much. If an AOL user visits 7 different pages on this site it can come up as 7 different IP addresses all linking back to Reston Virgina. Also deleting cookies will also change the numbers and show up as a unique visitor. All of these are good tips for anyone that gets banned from a forum. If they mark your IP address to keep you off, use an AOL account.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Chapter President

So because they expect you to act like adults you have to go somewhere else. I think we can all understand that. There is some heated arguments on here just not childish.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Georgia Truck and tractor pull

Liberty Antique Tractor and Truck Pull
White Plains, GA
Every 4th Saturday(two more left, Sept. & Oct.)
Antique Tractors Start at 2:00
Trucks and turbo tractors start after Antique around 6:30

http://libertyantiquetractorpull.com
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by Tree DR
So because they expect you to act like adults you have to go somewhere else. I think we can all understand that. There is some heated arguments on here just not childish.
No actually if you wanted to be technical about it they treat you more like children here. By blocking certain things like web links (i.e. Youtube) just because of the potential of linking from there to offensive material (when the video that was being posted wasn't) isn't very adult like is it? A prime example of something I view as hypocritical on here is the whole "catalytic converter" discussion that is a HUGE no-no. If I start a thread about installing 200hp injectors, stacked boxes/programmers, aftermarket chargers while blowing huge amounts of smoke (you know, all the stuff that render the converter completely worthless) it's fine. But if I even so much as mention removing it they lock the thread. They don't do that on other forums. I think we all understand that removing emission control devices is illegal, but if the engine needed it to pass emissions tests doesn't it also need the stock parts (including programming) to also pass? It may seem as if I'm just bashing DTR and it's admins, not at all. There are lots of good info on this site but you asked why things aren't posted and I'm giving you my reasons why.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:50 PM

There are other very good sites that you can visit if you don't like the rules. I personally think they suck, but its not my site, therefore I follow the guidelines.

Quick Reply: Why pulls from other places aren't posted here?