Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Sweet Pull Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet Pull Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY2-NOmDz4cThis was in Montpelier Idaho Aug. 11th. This truck was built by Dominator Performance Diesel and is Fueled by the new VanAaken C5. I think they ended up around 340ft, but they were in mud up to the axle at the end of the track. It was awsome.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 PM

I watched that truck pull at IRP in Indy this year and it popped and crack when it pulled. Looks like they might of got it lined out. Not sure on the flames though at the end of the track.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:56 PM

what's with the big flaming backfire at the end?
Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mtomac
what's with the big flaming backfire at the end?
nitrous backfire maybe????
I have been wanting to see that truck with the stacks out the bed...it looks pretty good actually.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:33 AM

well he got a full pull for sure. I dont know what to think about those stacks. someone has spent alot of time forming them into the bed like that. it is different than what everyone else runs. its a pretty cool truck
Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 AM

That truck is on the cover of Diesel World magazine. Really good write up on it also. According to the article he is running a VA box with injectors, A K31 turbo putting out 75+ lbs of boost, water/meth, nitrous, modded cp3 and others. Apparently putting down 800/1500 to the ground.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 AM

It had twins on it at Indy, I would say the flames are from extreme cylinder temps then flooding the cylinders with fuel the way he was reving it up at the end I have seen this happen before on other trucks.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:03 PM

Chris put alot of money into that truck and the guys at DPD have also spent alot of time with VA trying to get teh C% to run the way it should. It still has twins on it, Chris did not change that and the custom tuning DPD and VA have done is astounding. He back fired was from the nitrous, he runs it off a the TPS and and boost sensors and it works well until he pops it like that. I forget who Donny said did the stacks but those things are amazing. I went over the truck with DPD and Chris at Indy and the thing is amazing, inside and out. I heard it is on the cover of the new Diesel World or Diesel Power Mag, I forget which one exactly but its definately meant to be on teh cover, the truck is an A++ in my book.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:48 PM

The back fire at the end was from the extreme temps and flooding with fuel. it was an awsome pull and now it is time to fix it back up. It is still running twins and I would say it is probably the hardest fueling common rail out there with the twin cp3's and the VA tuning. It is an awsome truck and different than anything out there. Here is my pull that night. I ended up with 1st place in the street diesel class with 318ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpoemu2LN98
Old 08-16-2007, 04:25 PM

At Indy we actually had a single on it and then since then we have put twins back on it.

We don't run nitrous on it so that was not a nitrous backfire. It was heat and fuel. When we ended the run the top turbo was red hot.

We are getting it all figured out now so we plan on running better soon.

Nice pull "Full Pull Daniels" (The White Truck)
Old 08-16-2007, 04:31 PM

Wow that must have been one huge single we looked at it in the pits at indy and thought forsure that was a bottom charger to a twin setup.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:27 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Originally Posted by DOMINATOR1
At Indy we actually had a single on it and then since then we have put twins back on it.

We don't run nitrous on it so that was not a nitrous backfire. It was heat and fuel. When we ended the run the top turbo was red hot.

We are getting it all figured out now so we plan on running better soon.

Nice pull "Full Pull Daniels" (The White Truck)
Where are you all from?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinDodge12V
Wow that must have been one huge single we looked at it in the pits at indy and thought forsure that was a bottom charger to a twin setup.
It was a pretty big single. Larger than a K31 aka (Aurora 5000). It was a new turbo by Industrial Injection.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by RAT_03
Where are you all from?
We are from Pocatello Idaho.

We will be at the Diesel Nationals in Houston and the truck will be completely redone with ALOT more than it has now. Hope we can meet some of you there.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by DOMINATOR1
We are from Pocatello Idaho.

We will be at the Diesel Nationals in Houston and the truck will be completely redone with ALOT more than it has now. Hope we can meet some of you there.
Hows the C5 treating you guys? Been talking with Donny lately and by the looks will be gettin some software to start running it. What is your guys take on it since you have worked with it mroe than anyone?

Quick Reply: Sweet Pull Video