Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Setting Up the Truck for Sled Pulling

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris:

I feel your pain. I did one pull last September and have been hooked since. Seems each pull's rules are different. If you can't hang weight up front at least put it as far forward in the bed as possible. The other tip is to ask around at the pull what guys are running for tire pressure. I set mine down pretty low (25 - 30 up front) but you may need to adjust yours depending on tires and track. Another puller gave me the tire pressure advice at a recent pull on asphalt and I took 1st out of 8 diesels. Had another 1st out of 23 trucks at a good size local county fair and a third of 12 (beat out by a hot GMC and a twin turboed CTD) so something must be working. Just get out there and try. Sign up for the first puller and sometimes you can elect to repull (two for the price of one and more practice). Let us know how it goes and good luck with the axle.

Paul
Old 09-21-2006, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris do you know about the pull at Newland this sat. It is near Elizebeth City NC, not to far for a good pull and you should do quite well there. Good luck!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
JDGPULLER, I have one even closer going on this weekend, in Millers Tavern, Va. I might be able to get there, but I don;t have my ladder bars yet, and won't pull again until they are installed. Ordered them Sunday and when I talked to the vendor on Tuesday he told me they were out of stock at the warehouse, and probably wouldn't see them until Monday, so the earliest I expect to see them is the end of next week.
But once the bars are on, I will be on the watch for more pulls.

Thanks,
Chris