Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

results from DMZ pull in Wilmington, OH 10-7-06

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
results from DMZ pull in Wilmington, OH 10-7-06

Here is the results from the 2.8 turbo Hot Street Diesel class: (there were 21 trucks in the class)

Micheal Tomac - DURAMAX - 356'
Jason Klemper - DURAMAX - 349'
Dale Swiderski - DURAMAX - 336'
Steve Kechner - CUMMINS - 317'
Kevin Eikenberry - DURAMAX - 310'

I don't have the results for the stock turbo Street Diesel class, but a Duramax took 1st thru 6th place.

Craig Severson won the Big Single/Limited twin class and Terry Martin won the Open class.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:15 PM

I was there and saw you pull...awesome btw!

But my buddy has a 12v and wants a duramax so everytime one got up there he would be like watch this! etc etc Well you got up there and he was all "I don't even like that truck that much" and then you pull a 356' haha. I asked him if he liked it now and he said maybe. Then we saw the diesel power sticker on your truck and knew something was up. Moral of the story: now he likes your truck

I'm a cummins man obviously but duramaxes dominated sat. night
Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 PM

Duel Fuel, nice light weight, and the ability to be highly electronically tuned are making Isuzu's hard to beat. Congrats. Most times two heads are better than one. ks
Old 10-11-2006, 03:02 PM

Congrats !!!! About time GM gave you guys a decent diesel ...... long overdue !!! That duramax platform has really surprised me , amazing what kind of power you guys are tweaking out of that beast !!! Smoke on !!!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 AM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

I never see a duramax in the open class running with the cummins, must suck being scared
Old 10-12-2006, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by RAT_03
I never see a duramax in the open class running with the cummins, must suck being scared
It takes time and money. The Duramax came out in the fall of 2000, as a 2001. The Dodge came out with the Cummins in what? 1988 as a 1989? And don't use the excuss that diesel truck pulling is young, as it has been pretty big around here for at least 12-13 years. (I believe EEP was the first one to mod the Cummins, and he has been well known for at least 10 years.) Giving the Cummins a huge headstart. Remember that GM did not have any real competition for the Cummins until the Duramax. (The 6.2, and then 6.5 was pretty good engines for light duty 1/2 ton aplications, but when used in 3/4 ton, and 1 ton trucks, they were easily out classed in every way.) Early on the Powerstroke was a good challanger (in sled pulling) for the Cummins, but as power built, the Powerstroke faltered.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:02 AM

Not even considering the cost of building the motor. It's very, very expensive to build an open class truck chassis with Cepeks, rockwells, profab trans, dropbox, reverser, ect. I'm not scared of the Cummins, I'm just not independently wealthy or don't own a diesel performance shop. I can't justify throwing lots of money into a truck that I can only pull with and not dragrace, drive on the street, or do anything else with. Not to mention we don't have a class for open/superstock trucks up here in MI.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:29 AM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Well someone with a duramax needs to get there out
Old 10-12-2006, 12:01 PM

don't you mean "get their wallet out"
Old 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by RAT_03
Well someone with a duramax needs to get out
Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure the same thing was said about super street and then Kyle and Matt from Crankitupdiesel answered with "Climax". Just like Tomac said it has NOTHING to do with the brand of engine but everything to do with your wallet. Keep in mind you can get 872hp out of a 6cyl Toyota, all it takes is money.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:41 PM

At wilmington ohio Ben miller in the powerstroke won the open class... terry martin was second
Old 10-12-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by mtomac
Here is the results from the 2.8 turbo Hot Street Diesel class: (there were 21 trucks in the class)

Micheal Tomac - DURAMAX - 356'
Jason Klemper - DURAMAX - 349'
Dale Swiderski - DURAMAX - 336'
Steve Kechner - CUMMINS - 317'
Kevin Eikenberry - DURAMAX - 310'

I don't have the results for the stock turbo Street Diesel class, but a Duramax took 1st thru 6th place.

Craig Severson won the Big Single/Limited twin class and Terry Martin won the Open class.

I am NOT bashing, but why would you come on a Dodge site other than to troll with this info and get people fired up? I don't know what goes on any other sites for GM or Ford products (never go on them), but is this common that people invade sites to get a rise out of people? Guess I don't understand the point. we all like diesels if we are on these sites, just some of ours last longer with less lemons.

I wish all companies would make a solid diesel, give people a lot more choices when purchasing. Anyway, maybe not your intentions, but seemed that way from my point of view.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by lucasj
At wilmington ohio Ben miller in the powerstroke won the open class... terry martin was second
I would like to point out that while I am completely impressed with Ben's truck (both by the way it looks and runs), and I like the fact that it's different from the others, it's not a powerstroke. It may be based on the powerstroke but with custom heads, rods, pistons, crank........

Basically to me saying Ben Millers truck is a Powerstroke is like saying John Forces car is a mustang. The only thing Ford is the emblem, or in Ben's case IH.

I am in NO way minimizing his truck or his accomplishments. I am happy to see he's getting it going and am impressed he stepped outside the box and ventured into new territory. ( I really like the "gimp" stack as it has been called ) However IMO if you’re not at least using the Powerstroke heads, block or crank I don't see how you can call it a Powerstroke. (and IMO you'd be doing it an injustice by doing so.)......or I could be wrong
Old 10-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by Jezzhuntin
I am NOT bashing, but why would you come on a Dodge site other than to troll with this info and get people fired up? I don't know what goes on any other sites for GM or Ford products (never go on them), but is this common that people invade sites to get a rise out of people? Guess I don't understand the point. we all like diesels if we are on these sites, just some of ours last longer with less lemons.

I wish all companies would make a solid diesel, give people a lot more choices when purchasing. Anyway, maybe not your intentions, but seemed that way from my point of view.
I personally think sometimes people need a wakeup call. This is the "competition" forum and a little bragging makes for some interesting conversations. If just by Tomac posting the results of one pull makes a few on here try harder to make their truck run a little better then what's the harm. Nothing wrong with a little "pot stirrin'"
Old 10-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
I would like to point out that while I am completely impressed with Ben's truck (both by the way it looks and runs), and I like the fact that it's different from the others, it's not a powerstroke. It may be based on the powerstroke but with custom heads, rods, pistons, crank........

Basically to me saying Ben Millers truck is a Powerstroke is like saying John Forces car is a mustang. The only thing Ford is the emblem, or in Ben's case IH.

I am in NO way minimizing his truck or his accomplishments. I am happy to see he's getting it going and am impressed he stepped outside the box and ventured into new territory. ( I really like the "gimp" stack as it has been called ) However IMO if you’re not at least using the Powerstroke heads, block or crank I don't see how you can call it a Powerstroke. (and IMO you'd be doing it an injustice by doing so.)......or I could be wrong
bens using the powerstroke block, crank,aftermarket power stroke rods, the heads are even powerstroke but highly modified casts

Quick Reply: results from DMZ pull in Wilmington, OH 10-7-06