Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Pulling?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulling?

Im going to be doing a couple of pulls this year and I have a few questions for you guys.

1. Im getting a new set of tires this week and I dont know if I should get the BFG A/T or the BFG M/T which ones would work best for sled pulling?

2. I think I have a stock clutch but I am not certain of it, (because it does not slip at all in 5th gear floored 5by5 setting with my comp) so what gear would you stick it in when pulling, im debating 2nd or 3rd low but I am not certain?

3. What RPM range would you suggest I dumb the clutch, and give her hell ?

4. Last, with the mods I have how far do you think I would get before the sled got the best of me?

Thanks for all the info!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. AT's- they seem to provide the best bite for all the varying track surfaces out there.
2. 3rd low.
3. 3000 seems to work the best for mine. Don't just dump the clutch though... you'll need to slip it to avoid stalling or getting under the turbo.
4. depends on the sled, track, sled operator and everything

Have fun!
brandon.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Kman9090
Im going to be doing a couple of pulls this year and I have a few questions for you guys.

1. Im getting a new set of tires this week and I dont know if I should get the BFG A/T or the BFG M/T which ones would work best for sled pulling?
Originally posted by joefarmer
1. AT's- they seem to provide the best bite for all the varying track surfaces out there.
I concur, you don't want mud terrain tires for sled pulling, you'll surely break things.

Worn AT's work the best, you want traction, but not too much.

phox